Tom Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not even sure what that would mean?
Was I the only boy scout in here?
You had to get a totin chip to carry a knife in scouts. It was a laminated plastic card like that one. Every time you were caught using it incorrectly, cutting towards yourself, throwing it, things like that; they would cut a corner off. If all four corners were cut off, they took your card and you weren't allowed to carry a knife anymore.
It was a joke that Tom saw you doing something wrong and cut a notch out of it.
You damned kids and your video games, they rot your mind.

Hah!! I was a Boy Scout--we carried Jack Daniels on our camping trips. The only notches we got was when we ummm..errrrr....never mind.:wink:

You had to get a totin chip to carry a knife in scouts. It was a laminated plastic card like that one. Every time you were caught using it incorrectly, cutting towards yourself, throwing it, things like that; they would cut a corner off. If all four corners were cut off, they took your card and you weren't allowed to carry a knife anymore.
Never heard of this. I was a Boy Scout and carried a knife. No card.

Same. Cub, Webelo and then boy scout, here in the Tampa Bay area from around 1970 to 1974. (In Bradenton and Dunedin.) Never had the card/knife thing. The joke with my family was that every knife I got back then, I would be messing around with it and eventually would cut myself. Usually on my thumb as I recall. I have good memories of over-night camping excursions with my dad, canoeing and camping on the Peace River as well as Honeymoon Island. Ended up leaving scouts for a police cadet program on Anna Maria in 6th grade with my girl-friend. Good times....

1643147017175.png

I was with you. Same with the Fireman Chit, got those on your first camping trip after you crossed over.

I was with you. Same with the Fireman Chit, got those on your first camping trip after you crossed over.
Yep, lost a corner or two off that for shooting flaming arrows.

I took a trimix class from Tom early in my diving career when IANTD was just getting started.

He did quite a bit for the diving industry and was a good guy. His back and forth with George Irvine on the old Techdiver forums were legendary.

RIP Tom!

His back and forth with George Irvine on the old Techdiver forums were legendary.
Yes indeed...Tom put GI3 in his place often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom