Tom Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes indeed...Tom put GI3 in his place often.

It was funny (and not to derail this thread) having met both and where often on the same dive boats with both (at different times), Tom was Tom, always, and GI3 on a dive boat was not GI3 on the internet.

Does anyone in IANTD teach stuffing the long hose today? (like I was taught in 1995)

He was the diving officer at RSMAS back in the early 70's. I went through the Miami Dade marine technician program where Rick Frehsee was the dive instructor. Tom and Ike would teach the chamber operations and certify us to work as divers on the scientific projects.

A tribute to Tom.

Jim, I loved your barbecued rattlesnake story. It got a mention.

Thanks so much for this article and your willingness to use the pictures. There is a lot here I can add to the Wikipedia page. If you don't mind my asking, do you know if anyone has info about Tom's Navy career?

An international rogues gallery; off Pompano, Sth Florida, 1992.

Mount-Gilliam-Palmer-Bull 1992.jpg

Maybe Billy Deans took the photo?

Great Podcast from James and Brando dedicated to Tom

I'll hazard a guess that @Kay Dee took this photo. He was on this side of the wide pond in the early '90's getting himself Mounted.
No, I think it was skipper Jim Mimms who took the photo with Gilliam's camera.

Thanks so much for this article and your willingness to use the pictures. There is a lot here I can add to the Wikipedia page. If you don't mind my asking, do you know if anyone has info about Tom's Navy career?
Yes of course you can use anything from my article.

Please note that Jason Brown gave me permission to use the photo he shot of Tom and I with his award at TEKDiveUSA. You'll need to ask Jason Brown if that one can be used. I am looking for info on Tom's Navy career. It is lacking, as you quite rightly point out.

You are welcome to use the photo I shot of Tom at DEMA in 2019. If you can add my name as the photographer, that would be lovely, but it's not a deal breaker. Wikipedia can be quite odd at times when you try and update entries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom