Tom Hanks learning to dive in Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manogr

Reaction score
A little of gossip :)

The famous actor Tom Hanks is spending his holidays in the small island of Antiparos in Kyklades and he is learning scuba diving together with his son. Of course he is on every TV channel and the owner of the diving school there should be more than happy :) In the same island is Billy Zane and soon Harisson Ford!! I really don't know why Antiparos is so popular this year but it is a good advertisment for scuba in Greece :)

Manogr

How nice must that be to select where you'd like to be certified. I knew I should have become an actor..........

Wow, amazing! I actually spent the summer on Antiparos in 1978. It's a very nice island - or at least it used to be. :eyebrow:

Greece is great (as far as the country goes, never dove there) - I'm sure it will give his business a boost. Hope he thinks about the Model Release Form :wink:

MaxBottomtime:
I read that he got certified during the filming of Splash. Maybe he needs a refresher. :)

He is following a course for sure...it is obvious from the clips in TV... maybe he just accompany his son in getting certified and he refreshes his knowledge...

From what I understood from an interview of their instructor he is doing the OW...

Who knows ? :)

Manogr

the question lies.... why is it so interesting that a "famous" person has certified when we have hundreds getting certified every day?? Gotta love the media to keep us informed on this important information!

Whether he is doing OW or not - Greece is not the best place for diving - no question about it. So I feel sorry for him - he could have chosen a better place in this area to do so....
Mania

tx.lakerats:
the question lies.... why is it so interesting that a "famous" person has certified when we have hundreds getting certified every day?? Gotta love the media to keep us informed on this important information!
We have lots of celebrities on our website and when people sign up they actually ask if they are going to be on the boat with this or the other star. some people just need that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom