Tofino

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoJu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In the semi near future I will be going out to Tofino for a weekend. A wedding or something. I won't have a lot of time but I could probably toss in a dive or two. If anyone has any ideas on some shore dive sites in that area, I would appreciate your thoughts. If possible a few details would be useful as well.

The last time I was in Tofino was about 5 years ago and I didn't see any dive operators/shops. You might find an operator in Uclulet. Check ahead to make sure you'll be able to get your tanks filled. There's lots of boats that you can rent or charter so finding transportation won't be a problem and the area around Tofino is absolutely gorgeous. I've never been diving by Mears Island but it looks ideal. Pay special attention to the tides. I suspect the area gets heavy currents.

R..

GoJu:
In the semi near future I will be going out to Tofino for a weekend. A wedding or something. I won't have a lot of time but I could probably toss in a dive or two. If anyone has any ideas on some shore dive sites in that area,

A friend of mine runs the Duffrin Cove Lodge in Tofino he is a diver and will be able to point you in the right direction. I know that Method Marine does air fills there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom