To P Valve or not to P Valve Drysuit Talk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[offtopic]

hi, robert!! have a drink, baby!

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]

hi, robert!! have a drink, baby!

[/offtopic]

HI!!!

You know what happens when I drink :rofl3:

Coming to NC in June. Wrecks baby!

[/back on topic]

You may now feel free to continue your pee discussion.

+1 safety factor

I was told by instructor long ago that a drysuit diver with out a p-valve was 'bad' diver (he used more colorful description).

A drysuit diver who doesn't have a p-valve is not drinking enough water and staying hydrated.

Funny timing for this post as I am building a p-valve in my shop this afternoon for my buddy who has resisted for several years.

+1 for p valve. You have to pee on almost any dive lasting longer than say 15-30 minutes. If you don't, then odds are you aren't hydrated enough. You have to stay hydrates to reduce the risk of DCS... When i bought a drysuit there was not even a question, it got a p valve before I dove it.

I have had catheters come off before. Rochester widebands are the only one that seem to withstand time, heat, dampness (sweat), and wiggling around or moving around. They often take quite a bit of effort to remove after a dive but that's better than having it come off early :)

You could also use diapers but I really don't see the point in trying to not pee underwater. Stay hydrated and pee to your hearts content!

True story. I introduced my Fundies instructor to my OW instructor (which was a mistake). F looked at the relief zipper on OW's DUI dry suit and said, "Must be cold when you have to use that underwater."

OW replied, "I don't USE it underwater."

F asked, "Well, what do you do on deco, then?"

OW, irritated: "I don't DO deco."

Complete non-meeting of the minds.

do it yourself. it's easy.

$275 to $350 to have DUI install a P-Valve. Sound about right?

Ouch, that hurts more than the glue on the catheter. My shop installed it for free when I purchased it from them and the price of the Halcyon was less too. Look to your LDS for a better price for both the P-valve and installation.

$350 to install a p-valve? That's crazy! The valves themselves are in the $100 to $150 range, and installation takes about a half hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom