TO Mr Doug Krause

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_sav

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Doug,

Hoping you had an opportunity to follow up on the VT 3 issues. I could understand you missed my last thread being so busy.

I have been holding of with the view that you were attending to my issue with the VT3 that I have had correspondance with you about.

The problem is I bought the unit with the view that Oceanic would support their products, and just as importantly, their customers. It was on this premise that I bought the VT3 and its now known buggy software.

As I have had correspondance with you, and your eagerness to help was so appreciated - I have stood by holding the view that you do support your customers.

However, as time waivers by, as you could understand, I am becoming somewhat cynical.

Again, I reiterate from previous posting, I have spent a great deal of money on this device. Now the situation is I need more dive gear, and as my LDS moved from an Aqualung to Oceanic preferred dealer I have stuck by them. I bought the VT3.

I am not prepared to buy any more oceanic products, until I am confident that the company can support its customers and products.

I have bought a DUI drysuit in preference to an Oceanic (although I liked the Oceanic). I did not buy the Oceanic Manifold. I am about to buy another 1st and 2nd Stage reg, and lo and behold - I can not see it being an oceanic. Not because of the product, they may and are likely to be OK. But if something is wrong with them, I can not safe guard that the manufacturer will support me. I need an undergarment for my newly aquired Drysuit. I like your merino wool solution. I have an elite wetty, bought through Oceanic channels which I like. But I can't see myself buying your undergarment, because I expect, actually demand, as a consumer that the supplier of products I purchase stands by me, if they expect me to stand by them as a consumer.

I am sorry for my LDS.

OK, Sure - Oceanic are not going to lose out on me not buying their products, not even a blip on your balance sheets, however my LDS loses a sale. At a micro scale it starts building up. I dive with a lot of people - particuarly new open water graduates. They love asking questions about what is good and what is not. I am not going to slag my LDS because I like them.

However, I have no problem telling them of my experiences with Oceanics capabilities of supporting its customers, in this case me. I would love for you to provide grounds for me to be able to say. OK, there were problems but this is what we are doing or have done to overcome them. Give me a reason to say, OK they have hit problems, but they aim to look after you. I am as much in the dark as to what is being done to resolve the VT3 and Oceanlog related matter, as I was when you first responded last December that you were looking into it.

I would appreciate an update with more substance than 'looking into it.'

I would be happy to return the VT3 and faulty software back to Oceanic if I can be assured it will be returned in a timely fashion, completely fixed and bug free.

Thank you.

Hello mr_sav,

I understand your frustration - I have had little more to offer than a promise to follow up when I am able. I appreciate the level of detail provided in your communications, and have passed it as well as other posts relating to OceanLog software to our development group. They are currently working on the reported issues found when running metric units, additional posts for various threads, Vista OS compatibility, as well as working to integrate our forthcoming DataMask. There is a lot on their project list right now - and in the interest of efficiency, they are working to integrate all of these changes into a single release. As soon as I have a beta version, I will post it here for you and others to play with. I am expecting to have this available within the next 30 days. In the meantime, should you wish to discuss your specific problems or any other concerns in detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email or phone.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom