To Mark or ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I show up at the boat I put everything on the dock first. Then I pee on it. That does two things; marks my stuff and makes sure no one wants it. Then I do a dive. Never lost a thing :D

When I show up at the boat I put everything on the dock first. Then I pee on it. That does two things; marks my stuff and makes sure no one wants it. Then I do a dive. Never lost a thing :D

Wait, is that why all LDS's have a dive dog? :shocked2:

I never thought I needed to mark any of my gear until another diver on a dive boat had the same pair of fins except (fortunately) different size. After handing up the fins at the end of the dive it became big pain separating gear. Now I have a paint pen in my dive bag, everything except BC gets personal marks.

I mark all my gear, theres a water proof stencil that they had at the big Scuba Show in Long Beach, CA last year that had it. I use it and it works really well. It doesnt work too well on plastics but have found no problem on my BC neoprene or lead weights.

Everything I have is marked. Mostly with aluminium wheel paint applied with a fine artists brush - it reflects great under water. Generally needs touching up each 2 or 3 years.

I remember following one DM that had his initials and his blood group painted in big letters on his fins.

I've seen people put their DAN # on their backplate (or their BC) - more for ease of reference if anything happens, than for identification. Keep meaning to do that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom