To HID or Not To HID... that is the ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsgobie once bubbled...
.. I think O-rings jelous.. Maybe we should start a "fund" to help him get one. :D :D

We should be the jealous ones..........its not every day you see somebody with a nuclear submarine strapped to their waist.Now thats redundancy.I hear rumors that it converts to his own personal boeing 747 on land.I wonder if has ever thought about strapping himself in that thing and going over niagra falls:D

O.K. then... some good info... don't know how I missed the Seven Deadly Sins stuff from Diverite before... but great info there... Thanks..

The more research I do, I agree about the "dual beam" Niteriders... HOWEVER... the HID is a single beam and was designed by the two best engineers from UK... according to older posts from

Mario Canter (what ever happened to that guy) the NR HID is pretty darn good... and I can pick it up for less than $400???

I'm working on getting a demo unit to check out. The only GOOD light I've had the chance to test was an OMS unit that I LOVED, had a focusable light head which I thought was very usefull.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks again for your input :D

A couple months ago I invested in NiteRider dual 10W HID lights for my video system.....

1) First shipment, dysfunctional charger
2) Next shipment, only 1 bulb would turn on.
3) 3rd shipment, cracked light which the company accused me of doing....in an indirect way ofcourse.

4) 4th shipment was me sending everything back for a refund.

Those two 10W lights really lite up my room too, I had visions of great night video shots, but I am only soo patient. I might give them another chance down the road, but for now...NO WAY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom