To go or no? (covid)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Per CNN article on 10/14/21

EC7C1AA3-A873-4955-8AF3-EEE5954BB6A6.jpeg

Oh, I just checked the prior link. Its the wink-wink nudge-nudge national link.

Here is the REALL QR link with the tale of two greens:

Per the federal map beginning tomorrow thru the end of the month
All of Quintana Roo is Verde and:
Green (Verde)
No mobility restrictions.

The operation of economic and social activities will be carried out on a regular basis.

The educational model will work under the new normal in accordance with the provisions of the SEP.

The use of the mask is recommended in closed public spaces and mandatory in public transport.

I suspect many (most) businesses will push back on the 'Joaquin' green model and follow the Federal green recommendations.

Well QRoo has never gone along with the Fed and did their own thing.

Oh and then the city pretended to be different than the state for the elections.

so that being said they didn't particularly enforce their state rule. The restaurants I was in were doing better than 50%....

I guess look for the guys with the cover your face signs?

I was there for a week in August. The mask mandate participation seemed to be about 50% on the downtown streets. Business employee participation was close to 100%. There was one couple hawking for an overpriced tequila store on Melgar who were unmasked, telling me that they were vaccinated. "Me too, but I am obeying the rules and wearing mine."

The Gov says Green 1, keep on masking.

And he actually has all the cops, not AMLO
Actually Pedro lost re-election for mayor. The new mayor, Juanita Alonso Marrufo, is from ALMO's party. While I have always seen municipal police on streets and in the square I have never seen the state police (policía Estatal) get out of their cars.

Mega pulled some weird crap on us in early June due to covid restrictions. They'd only let one person per family enter. I told the guy I'd just met my wife lol... no dice. Then i said we didn't know her. No dice. Eventually, i had her walk in 5 min after I went in.

Back
Top Bottom