To dive dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@elan: That's possible. I purchased my suit before 2006. When I'm in my normal diving position, the valve sits on the lateral aspect of the upper arm, fairly close to the shoulder. It's definitely not directly over the biceps region. Next time I'm in a dive shop that carries Bare drysuits I'll have to take a closer look.
Here's a pic of where the exhaust valve is located on my suit:
5443514960_26c19ebe39.jpg

The location of yours looks to be the same as it was on my tech and my friends nex gen, relative to the biceps but yours seems to be closer to the joint, I donno may be it's related to the sizing somehow. It also depends how much air you maintain in the suit. So with the old placement of the valve I kept my valve open all the time and I would have to put quite some air into the suit so I can dump it. If I wanted to get a comfortable squiz it was impossible or paintful, with the new placement I need to close it 2 clicks and I get the perfect tightness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom