TLS350 Lower Leg Nylon Overlay Coming Unstitched

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know what's entailed to repair a ~4" unstitched length on the side of the nylon overlay of the lower leg? Seems a superficial problem that doesn't cause a leak. However, restitching would seem to entail redoing the seam all the way through the suit, a more substantial repair. Any way to tack that seam without going all the way through the suit?

DUI leaves a ~1" length of the overlay unstitched at the bottom, for drainage I assume. Mine is coming unstitched along the outside edge. The overlay is collecting loads of sand on beach dives.

Hi Mahjong. I came across your post and put your question to my Pam at the DUI Factory. This is what she suggests:

A temporary fix is to glue the area down. Something equivalent to DUI glue (latex). Competitors would be OS or Viking adhesive. Standard neoprene adhesive may hold for a short time, but is not that reliable. When the time comes, it
should be send in and we can stitch it down and reseal the area.

Another thought is to possibly take it somewhere that has a free arm machine (maybe a dry cleaners?) and have it stitched. Use three coats of 50/50 mix aquaseal/cotol to seal the area will take care of the problem. (provided the
seamstress does not sew through and through).

Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Kathy

Thank you, Kathy. I will find someone to stitch down the overlay and then coat the seam with Aquaseal/Cotol. Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom