TL 10/24 anyone know what happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
Was at TL this morning and was just getting ready to change tanks about10-10:30 when an ambulance pulled in with it's lights on. It pulled up to a group of people near the swampers point entrance. I don't think the diver had been in the water yet since they arrived after I did. I would like to know if the person is ok.

I just talked to Cheryl...she said an older gentleman got too hot after donning his too tight wetsuit. You're right, he never made it into the water. His friends got worried about him so 911 was called. EMS took him to the hospital to be checked out but he was lucid and talking when he left TL. He's not a regular and she didn't remember his name.

Better safe than sorry.

jstuart1:
Was at TL this morning and was just getting ready to change tanks about10-10:30 when an ambulance pulled in with it's lights on. It pulled up to a group of people near the swampers point entrance. I don't think the diver had been in the water yet since they arrived after I did. I would like to know if the person is ok.

No doubt about it!!! Always better safe than sorry. I don't think there's anything but older divers at TL......right, Dee??

Regards,

Cudabait:
No doubt about it!!! Always better safe than sorry. I don't think there's anything but older divers at TL......right, Dee??

Regards,

When I asked her what she meant by 'older' she said "at least 50-55"! :11: If we hadn't been on the phone I think I would have kicked her! :wink:

Cudabait:
I don't think there's anything but older divers at TL......right, Dee??

Hey I resemble that remark. Didn't know that 38 meant "older" :11:

I hope the gentleman is ok. One of the best tricks I learned in San Antonio last week was to get the wetsuit wet before putting it on. It makes it a little cooler and it goes on easier. Of course this doesn't help much if the suit is to tight.

jstuart1:

I hope the gentleman is ok. One of the best tricks I learned in San Antonio last week was to get the wetsuit wet before putting it on. It makes it a little cooler and it goes on easier. Of course this doesn't help much if the suit is to tight.

That's all right, Stu.....I'll dive with you even if you are "older"

Regards,

jstuart1:

Can people really get that old?

Nothin but a bunch of young whipersnapers......by cracky!!!!

You tell 'em, Paw! (Whose way younger than me, BTW!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom