Titanium gloves??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirk Pitt

Registered
Reaction score
Ok...

What the difference between standard (5mm) neoprene gloves or ones with 'titanium', i.e. advantages... or is this simply a marketing gimmick??

confused... :confused:

Dirk

I've used both titanium and non titanium gloves and have not noticed any difference in warmth. I've seen studies through Rodales and some other sources that say the same thing. I know some people swear by the titanium but my experience is that they are equal.

Scott

The maufacturers claim that titanium flakes reduce the amount of reflected heat through radiation and therefore make the suit/gloves/hood warmer.

All the research ive seen says it makes no practical difference what so ever as by far the largest heat loss is through conduction.

All in all, looks like a marketting gimmick.

Having said that, my gloves are titanium but thats purely because i couldnt find a pair without when i had to buy some ! That saidm my 5mm kevlar gloves are a little too clunky for the UK in summer. May treat myself to a pair of thinner 3mm ones for these tropical months :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom