Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a carbon fiber mountain bike and I sometimes wonder how many years of punishment can that frame can take
I had a carbon fiber road bike that the frame failed after about 12,500 miles (and many races) over almost 10 years. Luckily the failure was a noticeable crack rather than a catastrophic failure.

In some of the video on the wreck, there are 2 green dots...
Is there a laser range finder?
Or just a laser to help show the direction
It's both the duel lasers are set a very gradual intercept angle which allows operators to see how far away and object is from the sub. It also provides a visual reference to the operator.

Under the floor there doesn’t seem to be enough space for tanks and/or rebreather equipment. Looks like a gaming console under the floor.

View attachment 789522

If that platform is attached in any way would that change the dynamics of the cylinder?
It looks like some support struts holding up the platform.
Would these have changed how the hull compresses because they reinforce only that area or could the edges of the platform provide a fracture line?
Or are the forces so great making this insignificant?

Compare and contrast OceanGate with the level of design, engineering and testing required for Caladan Oceanic’s Triton 36000 fully certified unlimited depth (hot forged Titanium proof tested at 1,400 BAR 140 MPa) submersible 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom