Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't you think that data from the SOSUS network, which exists to track movements of foreign submarines, are classified?
It's possible that whoever is monitoring the SOSUS network said to themselves "Huh. Wonder what that sound was. Maybe I'll call a Subject Matter Expert and ask".

How was the breathing air generated and brought into the pressure vessel? All the equipment and electronics seem to be outside of the pressure vessel.

It's possible that whoever is monitoring the SOSUS network said to themselves "Huh. Wonder what that sound was. Maybe I'll call a Subject Matter Expert and ask".

The reports I read say that after they heard that the Titan was missing they went back and checked SOSUS records and found that they found a probable implosion detected with the location around the site of the Titanic, and notified the unified USCG command on Monday.

How was the breathing air generated and brought into the pressure vessel? All the equipment and electronics seem to be outside of the pressure vessel.
Would have been rebreather technology using carbon dioxide scrubbers and oxygen cylinders inside.

Humans consume about 1 litre of oxygen per minute - or less if relaxed.

Rounding a bit, this means with 5 people they'll consume 5 litres oxygen/minute or 300 litres in an hour. For 96 hours (which was claimed) they'd need 96 x 300 = 28,800 litres of oxygen which is about 3 large cylinders plus replaceable scrubbers which the pilot would periodically replace after a set time.

When put like this one wonders where the oxygen cylinders were. Under the floor one imagines?

Would have been rebreather technology using carbon dioxide scrubbers and oxygen cylinders inside.

Rounding a bit, this means with 5 people they'll consume 5 litres oxygen/minute or 300 litres in an hour. For 96 hours (which was claimed) they'd need 96 x 300 = 28,800 litres of oxygen which is about 3 large cylinders plus replaceable scrubbers which the pilot would periodically replace after a set time.

When put like this one wonders where the oxygen cylinders were. Under the floor one imagines?
Any idea what this orange piece of equipment is? Also, seems amazing these electrical boxes with seal tight wire connectors keep the water out under extreme pressure.

1687649508820.jpeg

Any idea what this orange piece of equipment is? Also, seems amazing these electrical boxes with seal tight wire connectors keep the water out under extreme pressure.

View attachment 789351

Those are probably the control systems, they are filled with oil to resist the pressure.

I was running the same math. Doing it in my head I only got so far and needed to actually do it on paper and conversions... Just gave up when I realized it was nothing tiny nor extreme. I was really doing it to try and tell if it could be done with compressed O2 or if it needed to be liquid. Compressed works.

Not sure what scrubber material they were using. I want to say Lithium Hydroxide would probably be a good choice. I remember that being one of the stronger scrubbers but not something you want to be handling on a regular rebreather. I probably have specs in some book somewhere, if I can ever get all my stuff unpacked and organized.

That
They didn't stop there trying to grab us back unto King Georges brand of bloody slavery. 1814? " In 1814 we took a little trip, along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Missiissip....."
That would be the American war of 1812 you are referring to, the one where the US declared war on England, because the English embargo of France was hurting business, and the one where the US unsuccessfully invaded Canada 3 times. The battle of New Orleans hapened after the peace treaty had been signed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom