Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My brain can roughly process J, m, m³, Pa but is completely lost when it has to think in lbs, feet, pounds...
It's time for the colonies to adopt the metric system.
:cool:
Perhaps true.

I wonder how many German rockets have landed on the Moon. Mars. Moons of Jupiter.

Y'all may have invented rockets, but then epic fail. Probably due to lack of inventiveness by using easy measurements.

Perhaps true.

I wonder how many German rockets have landed on the Moon. Mars. Moons of Jupiter.

Y'all may have invented rockets, but then epic fail. Probably due to lack of inventiveness by using easy measurements.
I thought that Von Braun led the development of Saturn V. Without it, there would not have been Apollo 11. Now, the nazi might have been naturalized after that. I don’t know.

It's also interesting to see the number of things designed from scratch in metric units that have a dimension of, say for instance, 25.4mm, or something similarly related to base imperial units.

I thought that Von Braun led the development of Saturn V. Without it, there would not have been Apollo 11. Now, the nazi might have been naturalized after that. I don’t know.
As stated, Germans invented rockets.

Then we taught them how to think in inches, feet, and pounds, and BAZINGA! We have nuclear weapons, nuclear reactors, and Saturn V.

Again, a collection of numbers conveying little information able to allow a subjective understanding of the forces involved. C'mon Angelo, you can be more helpful than that.
As said, the only physical quantity relevant for evaluating an explosion/implosion is the energy released, which I estimated at the best of my (limited) knowledge.
If you can provide a better estimate of this quantity, please post your data.
Computing the total force on the vessel is meaningless, as the force is distributed on a convex shape, hence its resultant is null.

But as a naturalized US citizen, I did laugh when I first heard that "inches, feet and pounds are measurements only used in countries that have put people on the moon...."
I don't think engineers in the US use inches and feet.

It's also interesting to see the number of things designed from scratch in metric units that have a dimension of, say for instance, 25.4mm, or something similarly related to base imperial units.
Sometimes you use what's there instead of making new stuff. DIN is German but the thread is imperial.

It's always one of my favourite pleasures to trigger a discussion between Metrics and Imperials... It's a safe bet :yeahbaby:
BTW: i would guess the Apollo Programme has been designed in metrics...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom