Tissue Compartment gas loading and NDL calculator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive_Calculator

This is release 14.0. I added time remaining columns to the PLAN sheet. I overlooked this important data in the earlier versions. I hope this sheet is more useful now. I changed the name of the MISC sheet to CALC figuring CALC was more descriptive of what the sheet does. I added a distance (depth) converter (again, how did I overlook this important conversion). I also added kpa to the pressure converter. The revision date is 17-JUN-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev14.xls by clicking on the link above.

---------- Post added June 18th, 2015 at 06:46 PM ----------

Dive_Calculator

This is release 14.1. I added an oval shaped container to calculate volume on the CALC sheet. I also fixed the formulas for computing area and made some cosmetic and documentation changes. Should be all good now. The revision date is 18-JUN-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev14-1.xls by clicking on the link above.

Dive_Calculator

This is release 15.0. I added a new sheet called GF. This sheet calculates a gradient factor based on a risk-weight score. On the DIVE sheet you can select this calculation or use the %GF as before. The revision date is 21-JUN-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev15.xls by clicking on the link above.

Dive_Calculator

This is release 15.1. I added some Worthington steel cylinders to the PLAN sheet. I added a kick cycle, swim rate, and gas usage calculator to the CALC sheet. I added a couple more DCS risks to the GF sheet and changed the risk range from 1-5 to 0-5 and the weight range from 0-10 to 1-10. I thought it makes more sense to enter a risk of zero rather than a weight of zero to eliminate a risk factor from the calculation. The final GF is calculated the same way as the last version. The revision date is 22-JUN-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev15-1.xls by clicking on the link above.

I have looked through your stuff and you are really doing a lot of work. Is this just a hobby? What is your end goal?

I am working down similar but completely different path using some of Erik Baker's work and programming it in MATLAB.

What are the sources you have used so far for information regarding DECO calcs? I am in the process of catching up on this entire thread and one of the things that I need to study is the Schreiner equation and why it is used. I (also) was using small steps and understand the orignal Haldanian half-life model. I was going to work on Schreiner stuff using the DecoTengu Library website.

Using DecoTengu Library — decotengu 0.14.0 documentation

Is there anywhere else I should go to learn?

How can I assist you with what you are playing with?

It's just a hobby. It all started on another thread when someone posted that all tissue compartments should be off-gassing as one ascends from depth. There were many responses that said that slower TC's may still on-gass. The OP was not convinced so I posted a reply using the Schreiner equation. I created the spreadsheet for novice and basic rec divers as an instructional tool to show how the TC's are affected for various profiles...and it grew from there. The sources I used are primarily Baker's and one paper by Stewart. See my credits in the documentation on the spreadsheet. I also read Mark Powell's excellent book "Deco for Divers". I appreciate your willingness to help but I don't need any right now. I finished the CNS calcs and I am almost done with the OTU calcs. I am not getting the same results for descents/ascents as Baker. I might need your help on that if I can't find the error soon. Thanks and take care.

---------- Post added July 4th, 2015 at 02:49 PM ----------

Dive_Calculator

Sweet 16. Mmmm....Mmmm......Mmm. This is release 16.0. I added the VER and OXT sheets. The VER sheet lists previous versions with their dates and changes. The OXT sheet calculates pulmonary and CNS oxygen toxicity. I tried calculating the CNS with formulas but the calculations are too complicated so I added two functions: OTU and CNS. You will need to accept macros and possibly change your macro security settings to run this version of the spreadsheet. The revision date is 04-JUL-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev16-0.xls by clicking on the link above.

Dive_Calculator

This release 17.0. I found an error in one of the formulas on the OXT sheet. I fixed it and was going to upload it as a minor revision. However, I decided to make some enhancements to the OXT sheet that deserve a major release. I added three more dive profiles and a means to track 14 days of OxTox. The revision date is 05-JUL-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev17_0.xls by clicking the above link.

Dive_Calculator

This is release 18.0. I added three additional dive profiles for a total of six. The revision date is 08-JUL-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev18_0.xls by clicking on the link above.

Dive_Calculator

This is release 18.1. There is nothing new in this version. I did some clean up of the documentation. The revision date is 11-AUG-2015. Download dive_EFX_rev18-1.xls by clicking on the link above.

The sheet is no longer there, anyone having a copy to share here?

Hi xmerlin,

I'm working on a new version and hope to have it done by the end of the month. I wasn't happy with the last version which couldn't calculate NDL for all dive segments. The version I'm working on is far more capable. It will include helium and two deco gas mixtures and will be able to generate a deco ascent schedule if one is needed. I reworked the spreadsheet for the DIVE sheet which will make it easier to use. The reason you can't download the ss is that the website I used has a maximum of 100 days to store the file then it automatically deletes it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom