Tissue chart still high long after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good thread and I'm learning from it. A question came up on a dive trip recently as a few divers' graphs showed some if their softer tissue lines well into the yellow. Were they OK to dive their next dive? Wouldn't the Shearater's NDL time on the next dive comprehend the trip-to-date saturation?

Good thread and I'm learning from it. A question came up on a dive trip recently as a few divers' graphs showed some if their softer tissue lines well into the yellow. Were they OK to dive their next dive? Wouldn't the Shearater's NDL time on the next dive comprehend the trip-to-date saturation?
Yes, the NDL time would consider that some tissues are not at the black line (i.e., not "clean") when displayed during the surface interval. Being above the black line on the SI means you have a headstart at getting to the NDL limit (the yellow-red switch*). Being in the yellow just means you could bubble, since that tissue is above atmospheric pressure (the green-yellow switch).

* I'm not certain whether the yellow-red line includes the user-specified gradient factors or whether it is 100%. It's a bit immaterial, however, as the NDL time definitely includes the GF/conservatism factor.

As you dive, the Shearwaters have a NDL display in minutes. This time is based on your CURRENT depth, including multi-dive tissue loading. As you go deeper, KEEP YOUR EYE on the NDL limit. It can go from 120min to 10min in a very short descent, depending on your tissue loading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom