Tired of Digging...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We've been hard at it for awhile now in the Paris Tunnels. I think I'm going give it a rest and head out to Lake Murray on Sunday and Dive with TexDiveGuy & Crazyduck
We'll be meeting at Marietta Landing near the Amish Bath House around 9:30.

( or is that 9:30 am-ish at the Bath House :huh: )

Anyway... come on out if you like. We'll be looking for Boat Anchors @ 100feet between the spillway and the tower.

I stopped in at Si and picked up two tanks with 32%.
Since I want to return them empty we need to get some diving in.... :D

9:30 be there....

We could do with another victim or I might have to just dive by myself- getting lost between you and Alan is alot of extra work.

Have lift bag will travel- :wink:

I think its time to drag out the drysuit... :popcorn:

Later, Andrew

Drysuit...lift bags...buddy line...Big Bertha light...plus a few other items! :)

I'll let you carry the Shrunken Head if you need some extra company :rofl3:

You know Andrew... I totally understand about losing people at that lake.
It isn't exactly the type of Vis. that you need to tie off to each other but it takes some luck and experience with your dive buddy sometimes thats for sure.
Lets talk about all that Sunday before the dive. Richerso and I never lose each other at Lake Murray but we sure as heck smack each other with our fins during the dive. When we come up we look like we've been in a prize fight

Poor Guy :shakehead He usually gets the worst of it.
I have never figured out why he ever lets me lead :D

I'm bringing a 12" ~ 70's Disco Ball to mount on the back of my BCD so when any light hits it you'll know right where I'm at. Bring your Sun Mask !! :14:

Timeliner:
I'll let you carry the Shrunken Head if you need some extra company :rofl3:

You know Andrew... I totally understand about losing people at that lake.
It isn't exactly the type of Vis. that you need to tie off to each other but it takes some luck and experience with your dive buddy sometimes thats for sure.
Lets talk about all that Sunday before the dive. Richerso and I never lose each other at Lake Murray but we sure as heck smack each other with our fins during the dive. When we come up we look like we've been in a prize fight

Poor Guy :shakehead He usually gets the worst of it.
I have never figured out why he ever lets me lead :D

I'm bringing a 12" ~ 70's Disco Ball to mount on the back of my BCD so when any light hits it you'll know right where I'm at. Bring your Sun Mask !! :14:

Frank you and I have only misplaced each other onetime in all the dives we have made there....and that is on the Mystery Wall. Spooky ain't it!!!

We do push the Visibility envelope though quite a bit Alan.
Most of the time I just know where you are or think I do . Most of the time I'm right. Sometimes I just get really lucky :) Of course you have that radar thing that was implanted at birth. (You have got to stop with those whale songs though... drivin' me nut )

TwoBitTxn and I got seperated at almost exaclty the same place... I found him on the way up. I bet we were never 15 feet apart !

Whewoooooo... :11: The Lake Murray Triangle

I am thinking of buying a strobe and attaching a 4ft section of clear tubing- let the flash of light ride up the tubing or better yet a red cylume- then you could see me coming out of the gloom of the depths. :D

No comments on the three some- its bad enough with the amish bath house in south oklahoma. :11:

I've made up some quick release wrist bands with 10 ft. sections of 3mm rope attached.

Andrew you get be the one in the middle :D

Alright, where is the report? How much gold did you find? Let's hear about the 30' vis and the 85 deg water. :)

Willie

wet-willie:
Alright, where is the report? How much gold did you find? Let's hear about the 30' vis and the 85 deg water. :)

Willie

HA HA!!!

We dove a spot yesterday that is planted between the spillway and the metal eqpt. tower.....it offers a very rocky somewhat rugged shore entry and deeper waters. A few small trees and lots of rocky cliff and ledges. Vis in Murray below 65-70ffw ussually is inches at best (but again this is the lure and challenge). I made 2 dives: #1 21min @ 57ffw/56f,,,I aborted this dive because of wting. issues (just did not wt. myself proper). #2 51min. @ 97ffw/55f with vis from 10ft. to zero if silted. Some some typical fish life throught the water column except at depth on second dip.

Back
Top Bottom