Tips Divemaster internship and later Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

budasub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all I would like some advice on good training centers Divemaster Asia area,
I'd like to do an internship as a divemaster in a country, then later to IDC in another country to be able to visit and experience in more places as possible ...
my main language and italian ,would like to learn English course ...
I accept all of the tips, and if there is the possibility that some diving center can contact me thanks

Hi budasub,

We are a dive centre and activity centre (rock climbing, abseiling, cliff jumping and watersports) based on Koh Tao, Thailand. I cant speak for other destinations in SE Asia, but I can tell you that I don't know of anywhere in the Gulf of Thailand (Tao, Samui & Phangan) that offer DM internships. Mainly because most businesses - including ourselves, have a set of full time staff that run most courses, guiding and maintenance on a day to day basis. Also for small businesses there's simply not very many odd jobs around and anything that does need doing is done by our staff when they're not with customers. Because of the low cost of local employment here, much of the tank filling and labouring work is done by local Thai's or Burmese, so again there is no benefit to taking on volunteers to save employment costs. You may find this becoming a recurrent theme in many Asian destinations. Europe and Australia though, totally different story due to higher overheads and staffing costs.

If you have your heart set on Asia, the best advice I can give you would be to have a look at specific destinations you are interested in, and start contacting dive centres based there directly about the possibility of interning.

Good luck and enjoy your DM, its an awesome course with lots of cool travel and employment opportunities afterwards:)

Hi Budasub,

I am currently working as a Dive Instructor on Phi Phi Island and here we offer Divemaster Internships.

The Divemaster internship is a great course, with so much to learn and so much fun.

If you would like to know more feel free to contact me.

DL44585@googlemail.com

There are indeed dive centres on Koh Phi Phi that offer DM internships - Princess Divers and Phi Phi Scuba, as far as I know. It is also possible to take your IDC on Phi Phi, and there are usually very good employment opportunities afterwards, as Phi Phi is a year-round busy dive destination...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom