Recommendations for divemaster training in the Fall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koralle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi! I'm fifty years old and fit and i'm in the lucky position to be able to choose pretty much any destination where to go to get my divemaster cert and to have plenty of time to do it. I plan to spend 2-3 months on it, i.e. a divemaster internship. I like warm water, corals, not too crowded places. Ideally there would be many dive spots to choose from and they should be close by.
I speak english, dutch, german and am learning french since a while.
I'm currently PADI AOWD (+Nitrox) with almost 100 dives, so i need to get my rescue diver cert first.

After finishing the divemaster i'd like to crew on a boat, so if sailboats are passing through the area, that would be a bonus because i would have to travel less by airplane.

I'm thinking about doing the Divemaster in Panama (Coiba or Bocas del Toro), in the Red Sea (Egypt, Israel or Jordan), on the Seychelles or perhaps in SE asia. The pacific is also an option but i prefer not to fly for such huge distances (i'm located in Germany).
The ability to improve my french would certainly be a big plus.
Coiba / Panama looks like the diving would be very good, also somewhat challenging. I'm worried about having to go by boat for 1+ hour for every dive.

If you have recommendations for me, please let me hear them! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom