Tips D90 setup underwater photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ricothi

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm interested to know if someone knows how to set up the D90 menu options to get color photos underwater. I don't have the manual on me. I do have the casing and a strobe all set up. thanks v much Rico

What you have to do is, set the color to vivid. I'm a film SLR user so I can't give exact menu specs, but you might know how. Hope I helped.

Ricothi,

I'm not sure what you mean, all photos are color by default unless you set the camera to a special black and white setting.

If you are not using an underwater strobe, setting a custom white balance (WB button, rotate command dial until PRE appears, press and hold WB again, take photo of neutral object) will help bring out more color underwater to some extent.

hope this helps,
Scott

In addition to what was said above, if you shoot RAW, then you have quite a bit of control over the white balance and other aspects of the color when you are working in photoshop or whatever program you use for post processing.

Hi and thanks for thèse tips. Havé a ds160 strobe, but first Timer. Will practice with Raw today, and rework with expeed s/w.
Havé pushed saturation +3, Will do white balance test too
chères Eric

Hi Scott, much appreciate your help, will read the info from the link you sent me.
my last day in egypt (red sea: Hurghada) tomorrow, and as the weather always is nice at this time of year should be perfect for photography tests.
will let you know once back home how all this turned out. have been practicing today Raw mode, and getting really close to the fish, but they don't seem to want to stay for the show ;-).

cheers, Rico

Back
Top Bottom