Tipping instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel f aleman:
Jeff, its a thread on tipping diving professionals.
Yes it is. To get a tip you need to provide a service and that service needs to be provided with the proper attitude.

So...if someone doesn't get a tip, they could have failed either criteria. (also...they could be cheap...but I understand that cheapness is a phenomenon that crosses cultures ...do you?)

How many grammatical errors are in this post Danny?

daniel f aleman:
Oh, I know. That's why I bought my boat and tanks, I don't work for tips anymore.
That was a good decision.

daniel f aleman:
Canadians are horrible tippers. Period.
Can you really say this?

JeffG:
Yes it is. To get a tip you need to provide a service and that service needs to be provided with the proper attitude.

So...if someone doesn't get a tip, they could have failed either criteria. (also...they could be cheap...but I understand that cheapness is a phenomenon that crosses cultures ...do you?)

How many grammatical errors are in this post Danny?

Three. Although, I may mistake one grammatical error for a "Canadiaism".

Daniel, I'm Canadian and my feelings are hurt.

daniel f aleman:
Canadians are horrible tippers. Period
daniel f aleman:
Not all Canadians.

Which is it? Or are you going to tap dance all night long?

daniel f aleman:
Three. Although, I may mistake one grammatical error for a "Canadiaism".
Good thing you can count grammatical errors, because you can't seem to find logic errors to debate. But thanks for coming out.

Diver Dennis:
Daniel, I'm Canadian and my feelings are hurt.

Dang. Now I have to opologize. I opologize

(You know that we are having fun here.) I've been in the tip-receiving business, and I am sensitive to the vaguries of making a living off them. Stereotypes make for easy targets BUT DO NOT reflect on individuals - and I always treat my clients as I would want to be treated if I were on another's boat.

Back
Top Bottom