Tipping & Gifting in PI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You cant go wrong with the advice laid out here. tipping is always appreciated, and it doesn't need to be excessive to produce genuinely grateful smiles.

If you want to feel like Angelina Jolie(feel like, that is...) then $5 spent on colour pens or other basic school supplies will also be received with big smiles.

We have had a number of groups pitch together during their trips and were able to make some fairly sizaeble donations to the local schools including crates full of pens, scissor, books etc. And one group have provided over a 2 year period a desktop computer and $1500 in donations. So all it takes is a little bit from everyone.

:rofl3: Maggies fave smilie... :D

Why does Maggies name come up in a conversation about personal lubricant?!:11:

watch the smilie Simon.. what does it look like he is doing? according to Maggie..

:lol: yeah, I remember that one. That girl has an overactive imagination :rofl3:

well, from where i am sitting, you cannot see the laces on those shoes. and they do like a pair of balls.

and i just want to stress, i never had the need for a lubricant. but of course, simon will never know that. :blinking:

Well, I'm sure I can get the stuff. But I'm sure what we have here isn't the best or freshest in the world! Zman would certainly spit on the stuff cause it wouldn't be up to his standards...:eyebrow: I could look into it though...

This isn't a gag, is it BabyD?:dork2::dork2: Like he really hates the stuff and he's going to try to kill me when I hand him a bottle of vegemite?:rofl3::rofl3:

Dude, believe it or not....your INSTRUCTOR would love it if you brought him a case of VEGIMITE (or VEGEMITE?).....no kidding....he loves the stuff.

870439356_a91423b2cc.jpg
:rofl3:

He really does like the stuff. I watched him eat a half loaf of toasted bread with that stuff smeared on it.....it was something to witness.

Well, I'm sure I can get the stuff. But I'm sure what we have here isn't the best or freshest in the world! Zman would certainly spit on the stuff cause it wouldn't be up to his standards...:eyebrow: I could look into it though...

This isn't a gag, is it BabyD?:dork2::dork2: Like he really hates the stuff and he's going to try to kill me when I hand him a bottle of vegemite?:rofl3::rofl3:
don't worry about freshness... vegemite is guaranteed to remain fresh for 600 years... 750 if you keep the jar sealed and don't use it as axle grease

Jag

One of the best tips I got was a critter ID book (Underwater Malaysia Macrolife) from Shelby and Susan Ring.

My DM coleague was given the Shadow Divers book recently also.

Books (good ones, anyway) are great tips because you get to share them with others. Just make sure that whoever you're giving the book to appreciates it o'course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom