Time to open the Solo Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice I like it

…. Well you ask for it so here it is:

YOU HAVE ENTERED THE SOLO DIVE FORUM

This forum is open to NON SOLO DIVERS interested in solo diving as well as EXPERIENCED SOLO DIVERS who want to discuss the limits, skills and techniques
as well as relative merits related to solo diving.

Those "OPPOSED" to solo diving are "NOT" allowed to express this view point on this forum.
OFFENDERS WILL BE BLOCKED FROM PARTICIPATING ON THIS FORUM

What do you think?

…
Greetings {username},

You have entered the Solo Divers forum.
This forum is intended to discuss the limits, skills and techniques related to solo diving. This is a "No Troll Zone". If you are opposed to solo diving, this is not the place for you. If you have questions, insights or experiences, then by all means let's discuss them…

This actually inspired me to change it somewhat. Perhaps it's a bit more clear on our intent:

Kudos to both of you. There is nothing better than a collaboration between people that bring different sensibilities to the effort. Concise is always better.

That depends on whether you actually want them to read it or not. :wink:

Quoting Alfred E. Neuman:
A lawyer is someone who writes a 40-page document and calls it a brief!

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2015 at 03:09 PM ----------

Will NetDoc's revision above replace this at the top of the forum posts?

Forum: Solo Divers
A no-troll area for divers to discuss this growing trend in our sport. Whether you do it by choice or to facilitate other divers, there are important topics to address.

I don't see any reminders or warnings on the "Post New Thread" page which might be worth considering for the Basic forums as well.

Reactions: Jax
As you did before you edited one of your posts. Kudos for that, but realize that we are all human. None of us are perfect and emotions can get the best of us. If you see a post that is border line or over the top, rather than escalate it, report it. Yeah, it's hard to pass up the opportunity to zing back, but it derails the thread.

It doesn't, but it does take two to fight. Many take umbrage when someone asks a question and then doesn't accept the answer given. It's easy to cast blame and aspersions on everyone else rather than to analyze your own posting style. If you want to communicate, then it's up to you to alter your approach to elicit the desired results.

This actually inspired me to change it somewhat. Perhaps it's a bit more clear on our intent:

I appreciate the advice it does seem like there is a lot to learn when it comes to controlling ones initial reaction to a comment that is a bit harsh. I will probably report the real over the top ones and try to avoid escalating it further.

It is great that you considered using a part of my draft. Even if it was a small portion, it just goes to show, that you really do take time to listen to suggestions and concerns of the forum participants.

Net Doc I guess you must know Cubans pretty good to be able to kiss Cuban! Alabao!

My wife razes me about my version of the Cuban Kiss. I am proud of my Cuban heritage but I still cannot kiss Cuban!

Frank Garrido
Z GEAR - Z Gear

ScubaBoard became successful because we listened. We listened to the users and we listened to the industry. From the Instructor's and manufacturers' forums to the small change in here, we react to the community and sometimes we even preact in order to keep us relevant.

As for kissing Cuban, her name here on SB is mselenaous.

I only can say THANKS, for opening this forum to the less experienced, it is a great opportunity to hear the opinions and advise from the Solo divers

I only can say THANKS, for opening this forum to the less experienced, it is a great opportunity to hear the opinions and advise from the Solo divers

Ditto

Considering the number of solo threads popping up in the Advanced forum, perhaps it's time to consider just merging this forum into that one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom