Time for new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the option for the computer to log my dives and download them to my computer. With an AI computer, of software that lets me input start/end air pressures after-the-fact, I can get SAC rates. It also provides me not just the max. depth but also the average depth for the dive, and lets me view my profile on the screen and keeps up with time of day, etc...

Your desires may vary, but that's a feature worth having in my book.

I love the option for the computer to log my dives and download them to my computer. With an AI computer, of software that lets me input start/end air pressures after-the-fact, I can get SAC rates. It also provides me not just the max. depth but also the average depth for the dive, and lets me view my profile on the screen and keeps up with time of day, etc...

Your desires may vary, but that's a feature worth having in my book.

I agree that a computer that can help you determine your SAC rate, either an AI that does it for you or a computer that gives you your average depth, is helpful. I find it very strange that the last two advanced students I worked with to determine their SAC rates had brand new computers that did not give them their average depths, and one of them was an AI computer that did not give the SAC rate either. In each case I had to loan them my cheapo bottom timer, which does display average depths, so we could do the calculations. That is definitely something to consider.

As for logging your dives with it, that is an individual thing. I don't do that myself. I keep an old fashioned paper log because I think the things I jot down reflecting on the dive are what I really care about. I'm funny that way. Again that's what I do--you have to think about what you are going to do.

Thanks for all the feedback, some things to ponder. The new Genesis models do Nitrox (which I don't use anyway). Average depth would be good but I get that off of my Hyper Aqualand. I don't really recall wishing that the Resource had any additional features.

zoop is great!
leonardo is very conservative, even more than the suuntos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom