Time for another funny call.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It was 4th of July four years ago. My assigned area was only a quarter of a mile from the city beach and the swim area.

We got 8 calls that day with 7 of them being at the city beach. That entire area of the lake is shallow and was warm, so no dry suits. I had swim trunks on under my uniform and we could hit the water in 2 minutes or less. Any late arriving units would suit up dry.

On one of the calls that day, I’m in my Blazer driving down the sidewalk area, through the City Park, to the dive location about mid beach. Lights and siren blaring I come up behind this Gang-Banger who won’t move. I hit the air horn and he flips me off. I hit it again and he flips me off again. So to deal with his Great Act of Defiance I no longer hit the air horn but instead hit him. Just a gentle nudge but he got the idea to move your cocky butt. He did and as I drove by he kicked the car. Bad choice of action. Some city officers saw what happened and took his sorry butt to jail.

The Lifeguards already had a shallow water line set up and were sweeping the area close to the shoreline looking for a missing female teenager.

We started working outside their line and had made one complete sweep when we get called off. They had a find. She was fine. She was in the water and she was one of the searchers on the line.

She had come to the beach with her mother. Mom was enjoying the sun on the beach and fell asleep. When she woke up she didn’t see her daughter who was in the water at naptime. Mom freaked and set off the alarms forgetting to mention that she had been sleeping most of the time.

So in an effort to help, daughter joined in on her own search, not knowing she was the one they were looking for.

Where was the daughter? Sitting on the seawall, within a 100’ of mom, talking to a container of Testosterone. :dazzler1: I don’t think the relationship went very far after that.

At least we got to take a break and go for a swim. I wish they all ended like this.

Gary D.

LMAO, oh yes that is a good one sir. i'm sure you wish all of them ended like that but i bet the girl was embarrassed to find out it was her they were looking for.

steve

Gary D.:
On one of the calls that day, I’m in my Blazer driving down the sidewalk area, through the City Park, to the dive location about mid beach. Lights and siren blaring I come up behind this Gang-Banger who won’t move. I hit the air horn and he flips me off. I hit it again and he flips me off again. So to deal with his Great Act of Defiance I no longer hit the air horn but instead hit him. Just a gentle nudge but he got the idea to move your cocky butt. He did and as I drove by he kicked the car. Bad choice of action. Some city officers saw what happened and took his sorry butt to jail. Gary D.
Yeah, and my foot still hurts! :bravo:

Rick Inman:
Yeah, and my foot still hurts! :bravo:
You ready to talk about your injury over dinner? :wink:

Gary D.

This time, please leave your gun at home...

(PM coming)

Back
Top Bottom