Tilos Undergarment, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a 4 way Antarctic Undergarment and I like the warmth it gives. It's just I am having a hard time trying to get enough weight in my scuba unit to sink it. I have a 95 LP steel tank and a Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit. With 20lbs. of lead, I'm still like a cork!
I was thinking about the Tilos Undergarment sold by scuba.com for it's low bulk qualities.
It is supposed to provide warmth down to 40-55 degrees. The lakes and quarries I'll be diving in this winter in the south will be in that temp. range

Anybody dive this undergarment and how do you like it low bulk and warmth wise?

Thanks!

I have a 4 way Antarctic Undergarment and I like the warmth it gives. It's just I am having a hard time trying to get enough weight in my scuba unit to sink it. I have a 95 LP steel tank and a Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit. With 20lbs. of lead, I'm still like a cork!
I was thinking about the Tilos Undergarment sold by scuba.com for it's low bulk qualities.
It is supposed to provide warmth down to 40-55 degrees. The lakes and quarries I'll be diving in this winter in the south will be in that temp. range

Anybody dive this undergarment and how do you like it low bulk and warmth wise?

Thanks!

This is a good garment. We have sold hundreds and hundreds of these, and most users love them. I think using this garment alone in 40ish water might be a stretch, depending on your own tolerance. Most users report it good in the 50's. We have been offering a Hot Deals on this for a while. Check it out.

Tilos Drysuit Underwear - Use the BOARD10 Code for Further Discounts

Thanks
Phil Ellis

Anything would be better that floating like a fishing cork and needing enough lead to sink a battleship to sink beneath the surface.
I could wear wool blend thermals underneath it for colder water.

Thanks!

I have been using this undergarment for the last season and it is very good in temps to the 50's, anything less than that needs a little more for me. This is a great little suit and I am able to sink with an al80, BP/W, Bare Nex-Gen and 10 additional pounds on the cambands.

Anything would be better that floating like a fishing cork and needing enough lead to sink a battleship to sink beneath the surface.
I could wear wool blend thermals underneath it for colder water.

Thanks!

Nope. Comfort rules! Lead is just an accessory, and you use what you need.

I have the Tilos UG, and love it for water in the low 70s. It is OK for water in the upper 50s and mid 60s as long as you have mild weather to surface into after the dive. I also like the Tilos as a liner to wear under my DUI Thinsulate 200g when the water and weather are both going to be in the low 40s or colder.

Of course, thermal comfort is a very personal thing and opinions on suits will vary. But the fact remains that to remain underwater you simply must wear enough lead to sink the suit that you need to be comfortable; it's foolish to fight this.

theskull

I am the queen of freeze. I'm probably the only person in this thread so far who actually wears 400g undies in 70 degree water. I could not believe I was comfortable in the Tilos but I was happy down to 60-ish degrees. It felt like I was naked in the drysuit, there just isn't any bulk. It was kind of weird at first to be honest.

I wear the Tilos under my 400g for water in the 50's and I put one more layer on over the Tilos but under the 400g for water colder than 50 degrees...Told you I was the queen of freeze :wink:

I'm 140 pounds and wear 28 pounds of lead with an AL 80 and all my warmies on and I can just hold a safety stop with a low tank. My husband is 100 pounds heavier than me and wears 24 pounds of lead with his drysuit undie selection. Most of my lead comes off with just the Tilos on.

I had heard the Tilos seemed to run a little small to sizing so I ordered one size larger than where I was on the size chart and I'm glad I did, the suit fits perfectly. I think it's too form fitting to put anything under it, I recommend layering over it.

Thanks Phil! That deal is the reason I bought them and it was money well spent :D
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom