tight neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is just the neck which is too tight, you might be able to stretch it. My girlfriend was unhappy with the tightness of a Henderson Hyperstretch 5mm suit neck. I put on her suit for a few minutes, and then the neck was okay for her. My neck is 3 inches larger than hers. Maybe you could strech the neck around something a bit larger than your own, such as a mixing bowl, small scuba tank, etc. Maybe someone else here knows whether that is a bad idea.

If all else fails, you can cut a small notch in the front of the neck (no farther down than the seam, so it doesn't fray). This relieves the choking feeling. I had to do it with my 7-mil suit, which fit very well everywhere else but made me feel like I was choking. I know several other divers who have had to do the same thing.

Deborah

all dive gear feels weird when u put them on on dry land, everything will be better once u are wet.

IHMO of neck, the looser it is around = more water can get in,
more water can get in = colder dive
and cold is a contributing factor to DCS

my 7mm is god damned uncomfortable on land, and i have a skin and a hooded vest, but once i get into the water, the suit is fine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom