Tight feeling around the lungs and neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i envy fish and their natural buoyancy.
many thanks fr all the posts folks! i am going to be diving in the adriatic sea in a month or so and hope for the best, it should be easier than in the atlantic ocean where i got my training done.

Well, fish got hundreds of thousands of years to evolve where they are at :) Humans are only doing this for several decades :)

As far as Adriatic is concerned. It is part of the Mediterranean which in turn is part of the Atlantic. I assume you will be doing diving in Croatia? It is probably your best bet in terms of quality of coast with so many islands and nice clear water. Hope you enjoy it! (I spent many childhood summers at that coast.)

Well, fish got hundreds of thousands of years to evolve where they are at :) Humans are only doing this for several decades :)

As far as Adriatic is concerned. It is part of the Mediterranean which in turn is part of the Atlantic. I assume you will be doing diving in Croatia? It is probably your best bet in terms of quality of coast with so many islands and nice clear water. Hope you enjoy it! (I spent many childhood summers at that coast.)

Yes, Croatian coast that is - I am originally from Croatia, where are you from? I have spent many many summers on island Vis and touring around caves etc. This summer I am going to island Hvar and probably will be doing dives somewhere more north!
Have you been diving there? Still not sure what kind of suit to get.

Yes, Croatian coast that is - I am originally from Croatia, where are you from? I have spent many many summers on island Vis and touring around caves etc. This summer I am going to island Hvar and probably will be doing dives somewhere more north!
Have you been diving there? Still not sure what kind of suit to get.

I am originally from Slovenia (Novo mesto). No I have not dived there yet as I just got my OW here in US and don't have any plans to go there any time soon.

However, I think water can be up to 22-25C in summer but this is surface temperature. So to be honest I would not go less then 5mm or even use 7mm suit to increase your bottom time. Maybe others will chime in.

My dives were in freshwater where surface temperature was 84F and minimal was 63F at 26ft (our OW dives) and I am glad I have 7mm.

Hello oOoribicaoOo, I have the same problem every once in a while and in my case is that I am used to breath through my nose when I get tired and with the mask on that is a problem. I feel like everything bothers me the mask, the BC, the color of the water, ETC. I need to really concentrate to breath through my mouth and to keep my self calm. After a minute or so the feeling goes away.

Back
Top Bottom