Tiger Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks louisianadiver! I saw the lionfish several times on the chain! I thought I was in the wrong ocean :)

++Ken++

I just read a good article about the lion fish invation to the Atlatic waters in the Jan. (i think) Scuba Diving magazine.

My wife swore she saw one on our trip to Grand Bahama in 2004, but I argued that they were Pacific Rim fish and she must be mistaken...this was the year that lion fish reports started surfacing in the Bahamas.

Amazing pictures, we were just talking in the shop about a shark dive in Fiji that always has a few tigers show up, so it was awesome seeing some pics of tigers in a similar situation

As to danger, I would rate it slightly more dangerous than a typical reef dive where sharks are not anticipated, and substantially less dangerous than driving on the LA freeways (particularly I-405). As to changing the behavior of the sharks, I am not sure but I don't think so. Sharks have been around for 400 million years, are opportunistic feeders, and I don't think a relative millisecond of humans in boats throwing fish parts overboard will modify eons of hardwired behavior.

Great Pics. I really want to do the Tiger shark dive in the near future. We did Stuart Cove's Shark Dive last summer and it was great (even though Reef Sharks aren't quite as cool as Tigers). Talking to some of the folks at Stuart Cove's, their theory is that on shark feeding dives is that the amount of food the sharks actually get is such an insignificant part of their diet that it really doesn't affect their natural behavior. Of course they make a lot of money doing daily shark dives so, would they actually say anything else? The sharks definitely knew when it was feeding time (natural?). As far as danger goes I agree that, although I haven't been on them in a couple of years, the LA Freeways are much more dangerous and less predictable.

I had to throw in a smiling shark photo also. Its kind of hard to tell where it was taken.

Attachments

• P6270164.jpg
    P6270164.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 28
Awesome photographs! Attribute to the beauty of the underwater world and why many of us got into this in the first place.

Aswome photos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom