Tiger shark experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaculture

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Went on a Tiger shark dive with African Watersports earlier this year. The dive takes place on a reef called Eel Skin near Aliwal Shoal. Great company and very professional. http://www.africanwatersports.co.za/

I am not sure how much I like the whole baiting aspect though. They do say that it mimics the natural feeding pattern as close as possible

Couple of pics, sorry about the quality, its taken off the digital video and I don't know how to get them any clearer.

scubaculture_tiger14.jpg

scubaculture_tiger22.jpg

scubaculture_tiger27.jpg

scubaculture_tiger35.jpg

scubaculture_tiger39.jpg

scubaculture_tiger44.jpg

scubaculture_tiger58.jpg

scubaculture_tiger60.jpg

What do you think caused this:
scubaculture_tiger45.jpg

Cool pics! Only seen one tiger shark, just finished a dive in Nassau and got on the boat and he came by under the boat.....wish we were in the water to get better look.

Nice pictures! Only tiger shark encounter I've had was with a giant 22 footer while I was kayaking the Sea of Cortez.

I extract tens of thousands of stills from my DV footage. To sharpen them up, I use the feature in Photoshop "filters/video/deinterlace" that eliminates one of the two fields (frames) in the interlaced video image. Then I use filters/sharpen/sharpen or filters/sharpen/sharpen edges.

Hey DrBill, you have been far to quiet on mydivinglife lately!

Thanks for the tips

yea, most likely a love bite, from what I am told.

Wow. I like to dive with sharks, but here in Hawaii, we are afraid of the Tiger. Too many surfer stories. Definetly the "big man on campus"...

Here, chumming is even done by local spear-hunters to attract fish. The sportfishing boats all clean everything at the docks and toss it off.

AWESOME !

Great video stills!

I just had some Tiger shark encounters myself in Fiji.
They're the "Big man on campus" there too...

But I need to change that to "Big women"...
we only saw females.

It was fantastic!
Bill

Back
Top Bottom