Tiger Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mimic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys,

I'm newly registered to the site but have been around the last few months reading some posts.

I'm thinking about booking a few days in Grand Bahamas and hitting tiger beach. I was wondering if anyone has done this trip before without a liveaboard. Also what outfit did you use, how much did it cost and how was your experience?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I know they offer a few packages for tiger shark diving. I used them in Nassau in December for the reef shark dive. I was wondering if anyone else offered the same type of trip though. Stewart Cove was a fun experience but I found them to be a bit too commercial and was hoping to try another outfit this time around.

For close up Tigers go to HERE I worked there for many years and believe that they deliver the best experience for tigers. Enjoy!

Thanks! I was on their site earlier today and but didn't see if they offered trips without liveaboard nor do they have prices from what I can see. I just shot them an email inquiring.

Stuart Cove is the only op offering day trips to Tiger Beach. Everyone else is only offering Liveaboards.

You can't beat the shark experiences you get with Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (www.scuba-adventures.com) at Tiger Beach. I've been there five times. He runs different live-aboard trips ranging from Shark & Dolphin trips with a few days at Tiger Beach vs. dedicated tiger shark trips, hammerhead shark trips, or oceanic whitetips. Here is the link to available charters: Bahamas Scuba Diving Schedule and Availability :: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures. Email them at info@scuba-adventures.com for pricing.

Doug

Another one I know nothing about - just had it bookmarked: Tiger Sharks Bahamas Shark Diving

Although it appears they're also? based at Old Bahama Bay Resort. It might be an old link...

Also appears to be hookah cage diving.

Thanks for the info guys. I emailed scuba-adventure yesterday. Any other good locations ppl know about for shark diving as well? I'm more interested in the bull sharks and tiger sharks than reef or nurse. I'm planning a trip to SA later this year for great whites.

I know Mexico has bull sharks but the season only runs from nov to feb and a friend of mine said cuba has them year round but he just got back and only saw one during his stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom