Thursday's Photo - Places for landlocked Ruu!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ruu....this is some of my favorite places. I hope you enjoy them.

Home at Bungalow B, CoCo View Resort, Roatan
aan.sized.jpg

Calvin's Crack, Roatan
ach.jpg

Palancar Gardens, Cozumel, Mexico
aak.sized.jpg

Mescalero Springs/San Soloman Springs, Balmorhea State Park, Texas
aad.sized.jpg

Dee,

Really nice clear sharp photos, I'm just starting out in diving but have been a freelance photographer for some 6 years now.

Looking to get hold of c5050z (can't afford housing for my Canon 35mm) with PT-105

I would value your opinion on the Oly digital cameras, especially regarding image quality for publication

Thanks

Dirk

Nice pics Dee. The one of the CocoView bungalow brings back memories of having been there over 10 years ago.
:shades:

Dee once bubbled...
Ruu....this is some of my favorite places. I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks Dee - wish I was in any of those places right now :) Much later this year I'm either going to get to Egypt again, or try to find somewhere nice and cheap around the Caribbean, but it takes time to build up enough vacation time to go. Anyone know of any good four day weekend type packages that are easy to get to from the east coast? Maybe I can be "sick" for a couple of days.

Dave

Dirk Pitt once bubbled...
I would value your opinion on the Oly digital cameras, especially regarding image quality for publication.

Dirk...I can highly recommend Oly digital cameras for their quality, ease of use, quality of photos, etc. But I can't personally address the C-5050 for publication quality as I don't have one and have never used one. However I do know there are some high quality photos being taken with it and some have been published in calendars. I do have to say, though, that you'll probably need more than an Oly PT-15 housing set-up. A better housing with hot wired dual strobes, seems to be the norm for really serious pros.

I wish you would ask this question over on Digital Diver. Some of the members there are professionals and can give you a much better evaluation than I can but I'm flattered you asked!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom