Thursdays Photo ~ Fish Faces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aint's she a cutie! An Oyster (I think) toadfish. Shot on the Caribsea, North Carolina.

-Roman.

P.S. David, those wolf eels are absolutely amazing!!! Love your photos!

05-IMG_0060.jpg

Hey - I have a (much lesser) picture of what could well be the same tadfish on the Caribsea! I'll post a copy of it when I get into work for comparison.

Dave

Ruu once bubbled...
Hey - I have a (much lesser) picture of what could well be the same tadfish on the Caribsea! I'll post a copy of it when I get into work for comparison.

Dave

I did mean to say toadfish, honest. How did you know it was a female by the way? I hope he / she enjoys being photographed, since it probably happens quite a bit around that wreck.

Dave

Dee, why do Soapfish always stare at you with that expression?

David....great Wolfies! I'd love to feel the texture of their skin. :) Those Warbonnets always remind me of Don King!

With Ruu's Toadfish, the cross-eyed Soapfish and the Wolfeels, we should have called this Uglies Day!

Dennis....I think it's because they are all so cross-eyed. I can never tell where they're looking!

Ruu once bubbled...

I did mean to say toadfish, honest. How did you know it was a female by the way? I hope he / she enjoys being photographed, since it probably happens quite a bit around that wreck.

Dave

How did I know it was a she? I have no idea. It could've been a he. I figured I had a 50/50 chance and took a shot :) I actually ran across a few toadfish that week on different wrecks... 3-4 over 5 days of diving and 8 wrecks.

-Roman.

Dee once bubbled...

With Ruu's Toadfish, the cross-eyed Soapfish and the Wolfeels, we should have called this Uglies Day!

Technically it was notabob's toad fish. My toadfish may be the same toadfish, but the quality of my shot is nowhere near his - me being a damned amateur again. The attached image is said fish, but I'm at home, and without the magic of gimp, I am stuck using paintshop's magical "one-stop" image cleaner. Not that anything short of a professional cleanup is going to make the image much better, but I don't remember him / her being this colour...

Dave

I was trying to compose a picture of a shy trumpetfish, when I turned around to find THIS face staring right at me!

A face only a mother could love :D

sapphire

Using a Nikonos, it's quite hard to get close enough to actually get good shots of a fish's face - if I have the framer on I almost need to touch them which they spook at, and if i didn't, it'd be out of focus... Luckily lionfish quite often like to work the camera :)

Image-AAFD40D2B33611D7.jpg
Lionfish.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom