Thursday weigh in, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Umm, hog snapper issues? I'm confused!
My loser moment....
You may be right here and thanks for bringing it up. I've been an offender and that's not OK...this should be a positive place and I will try harder to make sure I'm contributing in that manner. Like they say, paste a smile on and you actually WILL begin to feel happier!
This might help...

I will post it in the new "10 lbs (4.54 kg) Challenge" thread, that offers this as a prize....

Challenge_1-24-08.jpg

I don't think we're being negative. I mean, some of us have had bad weeks or days and so, we're honest about it. We also get encouragement from the posters here. I've been on the weekly weigh in thread fairly consistently for the year you've been away Cooltech, and I have not noticed a per ponderous of negativity at all. This last month for me has been hard so I haven't posted much. It's almost like I've had a reverse New Year's resolution: This year I will undo everything I did the last year. :rofl3: But I'm over it. I got back to the gym yesterday after being away because of an injury (and to be honest, being lazy because I could have done my cardio despite my injury...I just had to curtail my strength training) but we all have ebbs and flows. That's life. I don't think it's fair to come back after a year and start criticizing.But I love you anyway. :10:

Is there somewhere else to officially join, or is this it? Anyway, my first weigh-in. 229.6Lbs. I would love to get to 199. but my first goal is 220 by the end of the Feb. (Going to St Martin). I have another date to have my body fat checked on April 12. A local TV station sponsored a health awareness day at area grocery stores where they did free health screenings. I came in at 29%. and they will be doing it again then to check progress.

Good luck to everyone else!
Joe :14:

Is there somewhere else to officially join, or is this it? Anyway, my first weigh-in. 229.6Lbs. I would love to get to 199. but my first goal is 220 by the end of the Feb. (Going to St Martin). I have another date to have my body fat checked on April 12. A local TV station sponsored a health awareness day at area grocery stores where they did free health screenings. I came in at 29%. and they will be doing it again then to check progress.

Good luck to everyone else!
Joe :14:

Just jump in somewhere - here is a good as anywhere. I started this thread two Thursdays ago and accidentally forgot to date it, but it seems to have gotten more responses than the previous ones which were new each week. Maybe my goof-up was a good thing.

You may also want to check in to the challenge thread, if you are interested in the 10 lb challenge. I know one person is already down 2 lbs. I was down 1 as of yesterday. Depending on whether water retention wins out over sticking to what I should be eating, I may be down another lb. FWIW - I'm no threat in this particular challenge, since I'm about to head off for a week of relatively unregulated eating :) and diving :D

Good Luck! I had hoped to reach my goal by my trip next week - but after losing a pound every 2-3 days I plateaued for 28 days over the holidays. Bummer - especially since I was "behaving" myself for all except 4 days. My new intermediate goal is to reach the top of the "normal" weight range for my height - with any luck that will be today.

Retained water beat low caloric intake. No more than 1000 calories for each of the last 3 days, and probably around 12-1300 a day preceding that since 1/1 - the last holiday splurge.

Hate it when I'm stuck and there isn't a darn thing I can do.

Thanks! Good luck in Coz! Check out Tony Rome's restaurant. <http://www.tonyrome.com/> If you've never been there, he offers free internet access and has a pretty big following.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom