Thursday weigh in, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we started a "biggest loser" contest at work when we came back for the new year......back down to my pre-thanksgiving weight.

they're doing a biggest loser thing at my gym. I was going to sign up but I don't know the people who would be on my team and it cost $10. I'm too cheap to gamble. :D

a team????

i think the thing with my PT is a individual thing - price is a free months training :multi:

i really think i need it to be more honest with myself

Wow! This area is much different from last year when I was "into" it... I am perceiving more negative feelings than ever before... Losing weight is a positive effort! Getting in shape is a positive life enhancing effort...

When one falls down, or feels like they haven't progressed enough, it's up to everyone else to help pick them up... dust them off and help them see the positive efforts that make the experience worth continuing!

Last year these Thursday check-ins were a time for self reflection... What I have read so far (today) is more self deprication... I'm no "Richard Simmons" here, but... what has happened in this area to change the positive energy I used to feel when I read this weekly thread?

A party! last week my single post was pretty lonely.

Today was a royal pain. Party at work, and the restaurant messed up my (take-out) order. I got greasy cooked spinach in a lard-filled tortilla. Just what I would choose to splurge on - NOT.

Managed to tough it out and wait til I got home, where I made myself a yummy black bean tortilla . . . m-m-m. That hit the spot.

(small onion, 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1 clove garlic all sauteed in vegetable broth until tender; add 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 15 oz black beans (drained and rinsed), 1/2 can Rotel diced tomatoes - your favorite flavor; melt in 3 oz of neufchatel cheese, wrap in low fat whole wheat tortilla with chopped cilantro. Serves 3 - 390 calories/serving)

Hey - no fair starting a 10 lb challenge. I'm about to head off for a week of eating mostly what I feel like.

i think my scales are down but too afraid to get on them!

I know that feeling. This is the fourth time I've done the significant weight loss thing (although "significant" the first two times - in college and right after - was around 20 lbs).

Last time (65 lbs) and this time (35 down and counting to 50) I waited until after I had been working at it for a couple of weeks before I stepped on the scale. Seemed to help - I think because by a couple of weeks I was committed, then I wouldn't have to live with knowing exactly how bad it was for very long. Anyhoo - kept it all off for 5 years last time, then a slow creep back up over the next 5. This time I'm hoping to make it permanent, since diabetes runs heavily in my family. Funny how a little scare like blurry vision for a couple of weeks is a nice kick in the pants.

Wow! This area is much different from last year when I was "into" it... I am perceiving more negative feelings than ever before... Losing weight is a positive effort! Getting in shape is a positive life enhancing effort...

I wasn't around then (at least not in this thread), but I've read most of the thread(s) - it seems like last year most of the people were having regular success. This year people seem to be struggling. It's a lot easier to be up when, on the average, things are going well.

I hope not! Stay the same sweet wonderful you! :D (minus the Hog Snapper issues... lol)

Umm, hog snapper issues? I'm confused!

Wow! This area is much different from last year when I was "into" it... I am perceiving more negative feelings than ever before...

Last year these Thursday check-ins were a time for self reflection... What I have read so far (today) is more self deprication...
You may be right here and thanks for bringing it up. I've been an offender and that's not OK...this should be a positive place and I will try harder to make sure I'm contributing in that manner. Like they say, paste a smile on and you actually WILL begin to feel happier!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom