Thumbs up for Oceanic Shadow Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since summer, I've gone through about four masks looking for a replacement low volume mask. Tried the new Atomic frameless which is a sharp looking mask, but unfortunately didn't seal well on my face. I've gone through a number of Mares X-visions and pure visions during a recent holiday. Finally I picked up an Oceanic Shadow frameless last week and had a chance to dive with it last weekend. Fit was much better that the Atomic and didn't have any leaks over 4 dives. Even compared it against a friend's Scubapro frameless and found it much more comfortable. Also my LDS was selling it for almost half the price of the Scubapro. Anyways, just wanted to give a thumbs up to this mask. I'll probably pick a second one up as a backup to toss in my dive bag. Just wish I had found this mask earlier!!!

sweet mask. I like the oceanic shadow too. Found a taiwan made replica called problue that pretty much the same at about 25%less. Sticking with the Oceanic though. :D

Forgot to mention, you gotta like the neoprene slap strap that comes with the shadow mask...

interesting note goodeatsfan... will keep an eye for the problue... :wink:

pakman:
Since summer, I've gone through about four masks looking for a replacement low volume mask. Tried the new Atomic frameless which is a sharp looking mask, but unfortunately didn't seal well on my face. I've gone through a number of Mares X-visions and pure visions during a recent holiday. Finally I picked up an Oceanic Shadow frameless last week and had a chance to dive with it last weekend. Fit was much better that the Atomic and didn't have any leaks over 4 dives. Even compared it against a friend's Scubapro frameless and found it much more comfortable. Also my LDS was selling it for almost half the price of the Scubapro. Anyways, just wanted to give a thumbs up to this mask. I'll probably pick a second one up as a backup to toss in my dive bag. Just wish I had found this mask earlier!!!

Yea yea.... thumbs up from me too for the Shadow!!! Looks old school and fits damn well... also went through brands after brands before settling on the Shadow.... Thinking of getting another one as a spare.... hehehehe its a pain having to go to Singapore to get it since its not available locally in Malaysia.... sigh....

BLD_THRST:
Looks old school and fits damn well...

personally I think it looks better than the new squarish scubapro or the halcyon frameless...

It's my favorite mask as well!!!

The shadow was my first mask(once I began diving) and I thought just for experience sake I had better try others. I now dive the THE SHADOW.

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I love the visual perception of my Mares PureVision but it leaks slightly by not fitting well on my face. I'm looking forward to try out the Oceanic Shadow.

yukoneer:
Interesting, thanks for the tip. I love the visual perception of my Mares PureVision but it leaks slightly by not fitting well on my face. I'm looking forward to try out the Oceanic Shadow.

Here's a thread I found interesting. Wonder if Mares had some quality issues with a batch of X-visions and Pure Visions or at least with the one's in Asia. When I get a chance, I'll test my pure vision again but I swear its a leak in the frame and not on the face seal itself...

http://www.finsonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4423&page=1&pp=10

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom