• Never, I'd rather stay on the boat.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rarely, unless I can't avoid it

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • The more the merrier, I'm a gregarious fish

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as it is with two women, I'm OK with it

annie once bubbled...
the only way I will do it is one leader with buddy pair following. If it's not done that way I won't do it at all.

Ahh. The reason I hang around these boards. A most excellent way of dealing with it. I do try to avoid trio's (threesome inspires much innuendo :D ), but it's occasionally a trio or sit on the beach and watch.

I dive 3 somes all the time with an SSI facility. I find they work as long as everyone is attentive.

I do dive in groups of three, but would prefer to dive with just two. Three can work if the communication is there, and the two guys I dive with on a regular basis make this easy when we dive together, but other than that, I've found three to be a burden. Just my opinion

Extra responsibility? Not really. Throw some people a stick of gum and it stops em cold.
But seriously folks If you do your predive checks, like your supposed to. This includes getting on the same page with your hand siginals, odd number groups aren't a problem.

Jim

When I saw "threesomes" I thought " you French
devil, you" then I saw you were talking about diving.

I dive with an SSI group and we almost always
dive in threes and fours. We are wreck diving so
arn't covering very much area and we just seem
to wind up in groups. It's more enjoyable to point
out things on the wreck to a group and we watch
out for each other in bad viz.

okay with 3 IFF we know each other's dive habits well e.g. all 3 of us has dived with each other often previously as 2 person buddy teams. one will always be lead.

While I will do a three person dive, it can be quite annoying. Even if there is a "leader" and a buddy team, the leader will still feel obligated to keep track of the other two...which means keeping track of two people rather than one...which I find somewhat annoying.

Even so, given the choice between diving with three or leaving a person out, I'll dive.

Hi

Threes OK if you're instructing. Getting the trainees to rely on each other is better than relying on the instructor.

In other situations you always need a dive leader but to me it means that you now have to monitor three people rather than two (ie you and your single buddy) which means less time to site see during the dive if you ask me and more task loading.

My wife and I learned the same time as a friend did. So we just started practicing diving together. Consequently, we all developed very similar styles, so for us to dive three is no big deal. We just always seem to know where each of us is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom