Three Tree North

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Jimmie (Kalvyn) and I spent some time at TTN today ... 71 minute dive to a max depth of 86 fsw. The weather was stunningly beautiful for February ... 52 degrees and sunny at splash time. Unfortunately, the vis is still pretty lousy due to all the rain and runoff in January. But the critters were cooperative ... here's my photo show of today's dive ... http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/HE4Hn9Vg

On another note, I've heard rumors of a juvenile wolf eel not too far from the satellite dish ... and a mated pair downslope and a bit north from there. We were a bit deep when we went by that part of the dive site today, so I'm going to have to make some plans to get back there soon ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great pictures. What are you shooting? And how in the world do you get so much bottom time?

Fuji F10 ... and diving is a priority for me ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

WOW!

I have 2 questions..

Did you see all that in one dive (I know you said you did) ?

Do you have a spare room to rent?

Nice images!

Pete

spectrum:
Did you see all that in one dive (I know you said you did) ?
Well, that ... and more ... but not all of my pictures are worth putting in a photo show.

spectrum:
Do you have a spare room to rent?
As a matter of fact, I do ... and it's often used by friends and dive buddies from other parts of the world ... :D

spectrum:
Nice images!

Pete
Thanks ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Fuji F10 ... and diving is a priority for me ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for the camera answer. For the bottom time, I meant how do you get to stay down for so long on one dive. Either you have a really big cylinder to keep air in, you have great aerobic capacity or maybe you dive a rebreather. Or is there another option I haven't thought of. I know, you have gills or maybe one of those cool breathing devices like the Jedi's use.

Tim

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Coachrenz is really asking on behalf of his dive buddy. (me.) I'm the one that limits our bottom time...I think on our last visit to TTN we made it to the junk yard, and our dive was maybe 40 minutes, with a max depth of 70 fsw. I'm the air hog.

Thanks.

coachrenz:
Thanks for the camera answer. For the bottom time, I meant how do you get to stay down for so long on one dive. Either you have a really big cylinder to keep air in, you have great aerobic capacity or maybe you dive a rebreather. Or is there another option I haven't thought of. I know, you have gills or maybe one of those cool breathing devices like the Jedi's use.

Tim
Oh ... well, it depends on the dive, but on that dive I was using my doubles (E8-119's). I used 900 PSI, which is about 65 CF of gas. Average depth was 52 fsw, for 71 minutes ... so my SAC, converted to volume, was about 0.36 cubic feet per minute.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

huskychemist:
Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Coachrenz is really asking on behalf of his dive buddy. (me.) I'm the one that limits our bottom time...I think on our last visit to TTN we made it to the junk yard, and our dive was maybe 40 minutes, with a max depth of 70 fsw. I'm the air hog.

Thanks.

Lowell ... why don't you, me, and Tim go diving together sometime. Perhaps I can give you some pointers to help you work on improving your consumption rate.

FWIW - I'm a pretty big fellow .. 5'9" and almost 250 lbs. ... so it's not completely about physiology. There are some techniques to improving your consumption rate that can help anybody ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom