threadlocker adhesive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xizang

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Whats a local brand that makes "threadlocker adhesive"? Im servicing my power inflator and cannot find this needed piece of equipment at the hardware store.

paolov:
sus.....

teflon

its supposedly liquid bro. its stuff you will put on the connection point of the corrugated hose and the power inflator to make it airtight together with the clamp.
Im thinking of silicone sealants (?)

actually ok na ang tie wrap. lag yan mo ng 2 tie-wraps . as long as the diameters of the hoses are a match you will have a good seal.

jigo:
how about aquaseal?

I think aquaseal is not releasable. It has to be releasable so that it will not damaged and easy to clean off the hose or the inflator when its time to service it again.

Paolov - unfortunately the halcyon stainless steel inflators come with a clamp of its own.

The stainless steel power inflators are service intensive apparently especially when use in salt water.

For many years wetsuit glue is what wasused to help seal power inflator units to the corrugated hoses. It work well,. If you put some on the matching surfaces and attach them together. Put the zip ties /on in your case the clamps that have screws, it will cure in 24 hours and you are set to go. It sounds like you have a Halcyon inflator, they are the only company that suggests using the "Loctite" thread sealer material. It actually came with the updated inflators when they had their problems. As I mentioned, wetsuit glue has always worked well.

Just my 2 centavos worth of advice..
Jim

eelpout:
For many years wetsuit glue is what wasused to help seal power inflator units to the corrugated hoses. It work well,. If you put some on the matching surfaces and attach them together. Put the zip ties /on in your case the clamps that have screws, it will cure in 24 hours and you are set to go. It sounds like you have a Halcyon inflator, they are the only company that suggests using the "Loctite" thread sealer material. It actually came with the updated inflators when they had their problems. As I mentioned, wetsuit glue has always worked well.

Just my 2 centavos worth of advice..
Jim

thanks Jim. unfortunately I do not know what type of glue are those used in wetsuits as well. locally made wetsuits here in the philippines are not glued. yes halcyon recommends the loctite brand but that same brand is also not available here. there are thread lockers available but the high strength type which are used on metal parts.

Im going to try silicon glue used for aquariums.

Axua:
Paolov - unfortunately the halcyon stainless steel inflators come with a clamp of its own.

tang na, sabi mo IST ka !

hahahahahahha...... DIR-A ka na pala.. A= Advance

Back
Top Bottom