Threading first BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's cool, we all have off days. I have been known to make myself look like an ass on a variety of boards, including this one in the past!

I give up. I dont see anything misspelled. What am I missing? (not that it's really relevant, but now I'm curious).

Maybe it is the spelling mistakes that are dangerous in this case :hm:.....me thinks I am in trubble.

By the way, have you ever known anobody tyhat is noit slight of frame to use the crossed straps? Mine is traditional but I am just curious. I had never seen the crossed before.

By the way, have you ever known anobody tyhat is noit slight of frame to use the crossed straps? Mine is traditional but I am just curious. I had never seen the crossed before.

I tried the crossed straps because some people claim it's easier to get in and out of the harness. I didn't like it because it rubbed the back of my neck. Im 6' and my shoulders are pretty wide, so the straps were pulled to the outside quite a bit.

By the way, have you ever known anobody tyhat is noit slight of frame to use the crossed straps?

I am about 6'2", 230 lbs. Wearing the crossed straps without a crotch strap allows me to be able to use a weightbelt with less hassle/discomfort. BTW, I don't use a quick release on my harness.

I'm almost 6 foot and NOT skinny. I use crossed straps to hold the plate higher on my back. It was hanging too low otherwise.

No QR's in my webbing either. I tell my dive buddies, if something goes wrong, use my shears and cut the harness. I've broken too many plastic buckles over the years.

I'm almost 6 foot and NOT skinny. I use crossed straps to hold the plate higher on my back. It was hanging too low otherwise.

No QR's in my webbing either. I tell my dive buddies, if something goes wrong, use my shears and cut the harness. I've broken too many plastic buckles over the years.

Are you using a crotch strap?

Are you using a crotch strap?

Not during my warmwater dives. If I am using my drysuit or doubles, then I use the crotch strap. When not in use, it folds nicely out of the way behind the single tank straps.

Not during my warmwater dives. If I am using my drysuit or doubles, then I use the crotch strap. When not in use, it folds nicely out of the way behind the single tank straps.

Maybe that's where my issue with the crossed strap was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom