Thread Continuously Reloading?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bleeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else experience this? I was having trouble viewing part of the weight dropping thread. There seemed to be some scripting-related problem, since as soon as it finished loading, it would refresh itself, clearing the screen and start loading again. Might have been something posted within the thread, or might have been something to do with one of the ads, since stopping the page load during the long period while ads load aborted the infinite loop. (AquaLung rashguard givewaway at the top, David DunLeavy Dive Life Apparel on the side, and Equinox housings underneath that, although the DunLeavy add is currently displaying with no problems in the screen I'm typing this in.) Have run into this once or twice in the past too. Running XP/FireFox 3.5.

Anyone else experience this? I was having trouble viewing part of the weight dropping thread. There seemed to be some scripting-related problem, since as soon as it finished loading, it would refresh itself, clearing the screen and start loading again. Might have been something posted within the thread, or might have been something to do with one of the ads, since stopping the page load during the long period while ads load aborted the infinite loop. (AquaLung rashguard givewaway at the top, David DunLeavy Dive Life Apparel on the side, and Equinox housings underneath that, although the DunLeavy add is currently displaying with no problems in the screen I'm typing this in.) Have run into this once or twice in the past too. Running XP/FireFox 3.5.

I have absolutely no idea if this is true here, but I have experienced the same and it turned out that the mods were deleting posts and therefore the thread would be trying to show something that didn't exist, and it would refresh.

So, it's all the Mod's fault!!!!

BTW, the issue might be more an academic interest than an immediate problem (i.e. what causes it, to avoid/fix it if it re-occurs) since it's now no longer happening, possibly because the Mods have gone in and pruned a whole bunch more off-topic of TOS-violation posts. Or maybe it's something that happens if you load a thread while it's in the process of being pruned.

I have absolutely no idea if this is true here, but I have experienced the same and it turned out that the mods were deleting posts and therefore the thread would be trying to show something that didn't exist, and it would refresh.

I see you posted while I was typing my follow-up. Seems likely that's what's happening here. Glad to know it's not something on my computer.

Interesting. I seriously doubt the cause as moderator interaction, for various reasons, not just because Jax suggested it. If this problem persists, please inform me.

Interesting. I seriously doubt the cause as moderator interaction, for various reasons, not just because Jax suggested it. If this problem persists, please inform me.

Howard -

If it helps, I had the same issue with the same thread around 6PM tonight. I just closed it and went on to other stuff. It is OK now.

Not like I'd have any experience with threads being moderated. :angel2:

Howard -

If it helps, I had the same issue with the same thread around 6PM tonight. I just closed it and went on to other stuff. It is OK now.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't have the time to chase ghosts. There's no problem with other threads, there's no problem with the board, and there's no problem with the ScubaBoard sponsors, as nobody has changed their banner in the last couple of days.

Not to mention, only 2 people have reported that there is an issue. It just doesn't seem like something I can fix.

The only possibility is that one of the google ads is errant, but without knowing exactly which ad it is, who it's for, what they link to. There's not much I can do. Sorry.

No problem, Howard. I gave you the data point so that if the issue grows, you have more to bug-hunt with. I agree you should not be chasing ghosts. The upgrade will be enough of a b!tch to deal with. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom