Thoughts on the DIR III Video.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there another video like this one that goes over rig set up with twins?? I saw almost all of this Video and was very interested. There were several times when he mentioned he would go over twins later and he did not on this movie. Is there another??

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
JT... it is only two hours... make the effort bud...
Luckilly, Mike is willing to go out with me on a couple of dives with my Halcyon rig once I get certified. So, it's all good in the end. :D

- JT

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

JT... where did you buy your rig???
From Mike, where else? :wink: No one else in the state is a Halcyon dealer. Unfortunately, as I ranted in another thread, Halcyon had it back ordered for a bit and I am getting it this week. But even if I had had it at the start of my class, I don't know if I'd want to subject it to the chlorine in a pool.

- JT

JT-

There's a DIR Fundamentals class in Michigan and Ohio in July. Would you be interested?

Jack

We are trying to set up a DIRF also. I am meeting with a GUE instructor tomarrow.

landlocked,

I am not calling you a stroke but I do think that you are DIW. Until you try the DIR OW system you need to settle down and just listen to why it is better. Not just opinion but FACT that it is better.

Once you try the DIR setup you will swallow the Blue pill and wake up from the dream land that you are in and see that MOST shops are just pushing gear out the door for $$$ and don't ask is there is a better system for their students and don't really care since it comes down to more $$$ for them to push crap.

My wife was taught by the DIR OW setup and liked it. We went on a vacation to warm waters and the shop that we rented gear from had the regular crap in rental. My wife could not believe that people would dive such a convoluted setup like a jacket BC.

Joe

Originally posted by OKDIR
landlocked,
I am not calling you a stroke but I do think that you are DIW.
Shoot Joe... we're in here planting and watering and cultivating and trying to coax them along and you come in just stomp all over them... easy man... progress takes time and LL is coming along... it's just that he's.. well... landlocked...

Originally posted by detroit diver
There's a DIR Fundamentals class in Michigan and Ohio in July. Would you be interested?
I'm definitely interested but it's going to be a few months before my body/mind is ready/comfortable for DIRF. :wink: I'm going to wait for when it comes to MikeFerrara's store.

I am out of shape worse than I thought and it wasn't evident until I started my PADI OW. :eek:ut:

- JT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom