Thoughts on the DIR III Video.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by OKDIR
landlocked,

I am not calling you a stroke but .............. it is better.

Joe
You need to to reread the end of my post. (I know it was long!) I am already a convert. It's just that I'm.... well........ (L)landlocked! :)

Back to the video footage for a moment....

The footage at the end of the DIR3 tape was done in High Def by NHK from Japan. It's AWESOME!! One room they are in (I believe it's the Monolith Room at Wakulla) is as big as the Astrodome or it at least looks that way... Footage like that makes me WANT to carry tanks for a couple of years for the 'kpp just to be able to dive the places they do!!

I see some cool stuff in many caves but haven't seen any rooms THAT big yet. :wink:

In case you're not aware of N FL politics... Several of the best caves in FL are off limits to all but WKPP divers.

DSAO!!

Originally posted by chuckrt
I downloaded and watched the clip for the total time. I felt that there were some very good things and some that I would like to try such as the wings but I am unable to finance a whole nother set of gear just for this. I have purchased a dry suit this spring and that is about all I can do now considering the season is on us. I have also purchased a set of back up gauges and I have no intention of giving up my computer,sorry UP.

I was taught that the way he put his gear on by swinging it over his head was more likely to hit someone else while on a boat or in a close environment.

I have kept this download on file for further use and review and sincerly hope that I have not stepped on any ones feelings.

time to get wet

chuckrt

Hi Chuckrt,

Do you mind telling us the link for the site you downloaded the DIR III file/clip?

Best Rgds
dtkc

:D

I'm watching the video and I just had to stop and comment. I can not believe how they treat their regulators. He has repeatedly tossed them on the ground several times. You can even hear them go WHACK. It just seems like a bad idea to throw around your life support system like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom