thoughts on the atomic aquatic t3 and scuba pro s620ti ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked up an unused D400 converted using a new metal orifice for $145 (Thanks Thomas) and a brand new old model Titan first stage for $60. I've still got over $1500 left and I bet it breathes every bit as good if not better. 10 years ago I might have considered dropping that amount on a reg, now no way in hell.
But you are more than willing to spend "crazy" money on refurbishing especially old SP regs!
There is a dive shop locally where the owner proudly display his huge collection of SP regs.

But you are more than willing to spend "crazy" money on refurbishing especially old SP regs!
There is a dive shop locally where the owner proudly display his huge collection of SP regs.

Apples and oranges, buying, restoring, selling, trading is a hobby. I don't display anything, I dive them or sell/trade.

it's called asking for input from people who have dove with them or have technical information on those regs mentioned that i'm interested in, get it?

You are going to spend this kind of money based on recommendation by some total strangers?

With the thousands of people asking for advice before making their purchasing decisions here on SB, I find your comment above very strange to say the least.

Checking online for references and recommendations before making purchases is one way for a person to make their final decision and it is one important reason for people to participate on SB. There are known experienced people on SB who share their experience and expertise with others in this SB community. MANY, if not most, other types of purchases are made in the same way people do here for scuba equipment.

If you have a problem with this community and with people's taking advice here, why are you here?

I was also trying to find out which one breathes better, the s620ti or the AA t3 :)

They both breathe fine is the most practical answer. So do almost all decent regulators that are tuned correctly. There is a ridiculous amount of hype and BS in regulator sales, and much of it is directed at new divers. They're only valves that depressurize air from the tank so it's available to breathe at ambient pressure.

Which is not to say that there are no differences between regulators; there are big differences. As a side hobby to diving, having an interest in the minutia of regulator design and performance is fun and interesting. But don't for a second fool yourself into thinking that spending upwards of $2000 on one will significantly improve your diving experience.

One other thing, paying a premium for titanium does not make a lot of sense for most divers. Brass/chrome regs have proven to last decades and present fewer problems with mixed gases.

Sorry this is probably not what you want to hear.

@LuckyM there's two very simple answers to this question.

If you bring either of them to me to tune them, I can make whichever one you want breathe better
If I tune them both to the very edge, I can guarantee you that you couldn't tell a difference. A computer might on the ANSTI machine, but no human could

If you have a problem with this community and with people's taking advice here, why are you here?
I cam here mainly for entertainment! Human being is a strange creature and some of the questions and answers really fascinated me. I am glad to see plenty of divers still using jacket bc and diving with Sunnto computer etc etc.
As for the "advice": There are good one but there are some really terrible one as well. Why? Because we are human being.
Don't take it too seriously and nothing personal.

I am not sure what you mean by "crazy money" but compared to a new reg playing with old ones are less expensive. For example, I picked up a Subgear Cayman with an octo and a case for $135. All were in pristine condition. That is the equivalent of a Scubapro S360 , R095, MK-17. New that is around $700. On one of my more frivolous purchases, I got a two Oceanic MK-5 clone first stages, 2 Alpha seconds an SPG, combo timer depth gauge, hoses for $55.00. I don't think any of it was used. My most recent purchase was for an Aqualung Micra Adj with Micra octo for $100. Again in pristine condition. If I like them I will keep them if not then I will sell them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom