thoughts on the atomic aquatic t3 and scuba pro s620ti ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LuckyM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
what are your thoughts on the atomic aquatic t3 and scuba pro s620ti? what would you classify as your top 3 overall reg sets?

the t3 is needlessly expensive and is no better than the M1 as a regulator, it's just lighter. If you absolutely have to shave weight then it may be worth it, but I would never be able to justify it.
S620Ti claims some legit breathing improvements over the S600 and is reasonably priced.
Of those, I would choose an Atomic M1 for cost effectiveness and the fact that I think the Atomics are a bit nicer than the Scubapro but that's splitting hairs.

My top 2 new reg sets
Best overall for me-Poseidon Xstream MK3
Best value-Deep6 Signature
Specific use case-Argonaut Kraken

After those two, in my opinion you are making a choice based on variables that are personal in nature. Note that any of these variables are perfectly acceptable and have been used by most everyone to make a purchasing decision at some point in time.

Lack of availability of brands * @Deep Six I believe ships to Phillipines and I know that Poseidon does
Preference of a specific brand-usually due to association with a dive shop, access to keyman discounts, or buddies that you dive with and want to make a more seamless team
Personal bias against a specific brand for any reason
Personal bias towards a specific brand for any reason

I have a personal bias towards Poseidon for several reasons, but they are also an undeniably incredible regulator that have a lot of really unique design components that make them really unique.
I have a personal bias against Hollis and while that has no bearing on the quality of their regulators, I will not purchase their regulators
I have a personal bias against brands that deny self service to end users so I will usually recommend against Hollis, Scubapro, Apeks, and Aqualung because they are adamant about end users not being able to purchase parts to service their own equipment. Huge props to HOG, Poseidon, and Deep6 for their open regulator repair courses that are open to every diver.

There is a long list of regs that are all perfectly adequate and the important part of this is to understand that basically any regulator sold now is going to be reliable and will breathe well enough. Some will be better than others, but you can't really go wrong with any decision you make

I have most models of Atomic regulators myself and have been using them since late 90's in addition to Scubapro regulators. I don't know what your needs are but I'd get the M1 before I'd consider the T3 for my diving. If and when I buy new Atomic regulators for myself, it will be M1. For my dive school, it will be Z2 sealed for recreational diver training and the M1 for technical training.

The Scubapro MK25/s600 or s620ti will be VERY close second choice for advanced recreational diving and technical diving. For high mid-range and dive school, I buy the Scubapro Mk17/S560 combination, it is hard to beat this combo.

For your part of the world, I wouldn't consider the other much less known brands.

I really like my :
Poseidon Jetstream Mk3 - modern single hose- well designed and built. I beach and deep with this.
AL Conshelf 14. (Amron Commercial Sales) - Hard to get but hard to beat.
Scubapro Mk25+G260 - Nice but self service is verboten - :-(
AMF Swimaster MR12 II- No better breather around for sport diving IMO - Self Service? Yes.
US Divers Conshelf XIV -Nuff said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Double Hose
Argonaut Kraken
Voit Navy V66 w/ Phoenix/HPR/DBE and 232 Bar yoke.- Just wow.
US Divers Phoenix Royal Aquamaster w/HPR and DBE - Another wow.

Self service and customer support after sale is King. IMO

FWIW I have rebuilt several of the older T1x and made them into air/nitrox switchable regs. My suggestion is that if you want a TI reg for whatever reason, look for a reasonably priced T1, then do a full rebuild. Otherwise they are hugely expensive.

FWIW I have rebuilt several of the older T1x and made them into air/nitrox switchable regs. My suggestion is that if you want a TI reg for whatever reason, look for a reasonably priced T1, then do a full rebuild. Otherwise they are hugely expensive.

Can't you upgrade the parts in the T1 to make it a T2 (not sure what will be upgraded however)?

Can't you upgrade the parts in the T1 to make it a T2 (not sure what will be upgraded however)?

Yes, In the first stage I put in a model piston and sealed the reg. AA will replace a few other first stage parts like the inlet and swivel retainer. That is more CYA than anything for switching between air/nitrox without cleaning.

Everything on the second stage is bling. That said I do like the old T1x purge cover retaining ring which is Ti. The only pitfall is that the newer purge covers do not fit it. However, I bought the last T1x purge covers from AA. So I have extras.

What would you classify as your top 3 overall reg sets?

The "best value" is usually in the middle of the manufacturer's line. These regulators have similar performance to the more expensive top of the line models but are significantly cheaper. The S600 was until recently Scubapro's top of the line model. Replace the metal air barrel with a plastic one and you have the S560, remove the adjuster assembly and you have the S360. There is no significant difference in breathing performance between these models. From the reports given, the S620 is a great regulator but you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and the S600. I can say similar things about the Apeks and Aqualung lines and others have already discussed the Atomics line.

I know I did not answer your question, but I wanted to point out that the most expensive products do not provide significantly better performance. Also no offense to other posters, but some things they value you may not or may not apply to you. For example self-service, you may not care about this or parts may be sold to the general public in the Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom