thoughts on St Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't tell if you are saying that you snorkeled in Marigot Bay or that it was a beautiful place (which it is) and you didn't snorkel. When we were there on one trip we did an SI in Marigot Bay. The water very murky and we saw alot of barracuda close to shore. We were warned not to swim or snorkel near the small piers and beach on the north side of the bay.

We stayed in Marigot Bay and it was beautiful. We did actually snorkel there, but the water, as you said, was pretty murky. My wife did find a seahorse though, which they said was pretty rare. I wouldnt stay there for a dive dedicated vacation, but would recommend it for a normal vacation. Should have been more clear. Most of our snorkeling was in other locations.

Thank you so much for all of the responses! They were helpful! After a lot of searching and reading, we ended up choosing to go to Belize and Ambergris Caye. I got free airfare by using my air miles and got a pretty smoking deal on a condo...so now to choose a dive shop...looks like most have pretty decent reviews...but thanks again to all who shared. We may look at St Lucia this winter instead....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom