Thoughts on Shearwater Cloud App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the UI better. Plus I had already been using MacDive for over a year with another computer when I got my Perdix AI. Also, MacDive will give you your RMV if you input tank size.

I also prefer to control my own backup data. Mine is synced in iCloud.

I pretty much only use the Shearwater app for updates.

" RMV if you input tank size" is a cool feature and what made me download it too.

" RMV if you input tank size" is a cool feature and what made me download it too.

That is a cool feature. But since I've built that into my own dive log spreadsheet it wasn't a feature that mattered to me. It would be nice though!

For the newbs, that RMCv feature only works if you have a transmitter. The only thing I don’t like about MacDive is that it doesn’t support two transmitters for SM. Shearwater does.

My Teric and the Shearwater Cloud both give me SAC. SAC (psi/min/atm) x Tank factor (cu ft/psi) = RMV (cu ft/min/atm). For an AL80 SAC x 0.0258 = RMV, not very difficult.

My ancient Oceanic OceanLog automatically calculates RMV and has all the cylinders I might use in a drop-down menu. I wish the Shearwater Cloud would include this simple calculation. Perhaps they could add it to the "Gases" summary.

upload_2021-5-7_11-14-47.png
upload_2021-5-7_11-15-32.png

I like the UI better. Plus I had already been using MacDive for over a year with another computer when I got my Perdix AI. Also, MacDive will give you your RMV if you input tank size.

I also prefer to control my own backup data. Mine is synced in iCloud.

I pretty much only use the Shearwater app for updates.

Good answer and good reasoning.

I've never been that bothered about all that dive logging; seems like someone's telling me what to do! I like the Shearwater Applications because they're easy enough to use; have enough info for researching what happened, and is extremely simple to collect the data for summarising: hours in the water on OC, CCR, etc.

It's also useful if you're interested in specific info, such as the PPO2 control during ascent -- want to improve that to be flatter. Adding a few words about the dive is easy enough so I do it.

Really like the ability to synchronise between devices: phone, tablet, desktop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom