No sync to cloud anymore Shearwater app

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panther1880

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,
The Shearwater app on my android phone is not syncing anymore with the cloud. I have used it for a couple of years now. It says I'm online and then shows that it's trying to sync but it never succeeds. I have the app installed on my tablet as well and that one syncs without a problem. I searched on my phone for possible restrictions for the app to have changed but all seems well. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your time.
Roel

Well my main suggestion would be to contact Shearwater at info@shearwater.com and let them know the problem. Any particular error though that stands out?
Are you the new official SW rep here?

@Panther1880 There's an android update with release notes for 1/10/2024. Maybe you need to update your app?

Hi all,
The Shearwater app on my android phone is not syncing anymore with the cloud. I have used it for a couple of years now. It says I'm online and then shows that it's trying to sync but it never succeeds. I have the app installed on my tablet as well and that one syncs without a problem. I searched on my phone for possible restrictions for the app to have changed but all seems well. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your time.
Roel
I would be super careful how you handle this. Info - PSA: Update Shearwater Cloud to 2.10.0+ due to potential for data loss I would involve Shearwater and not try to self troubleshoot. I lost 250+ dives because of a weird issue like this.

Are you the new official SW rep here?

@Panther1880 There's an android update with release notes for 1/10/2024. Maybe you need to update your app?

Nope, just like to poke my head in to see how things are going.

But I would suggest regarding any sync or db issues to go through info@shearwater.com. Data is vital and always best to be take the most cautionary approach.

The app update was mostly Tern support, put in the graph update for a nice feature bonus for the Tern release, and a few other small fixes. Nothing in the sync or data storage went into the 2.11.0 release.

Thank you @ShearwaterJay and @Boarderguy for your replies and ideas.

No I don't have an error, the app is just trying to sync but never succeeds. I had it running for approximately an hour.

Yes I upgraded to this latest update. Sadly this didn't fix the issue.

Thank you @attack33 for reminding me of your issue, I will upload my dives to my tablet before continuing. Just as a precaution/ backup.

I will reach out to Shearwater for support.

Thank you @ShearwaterJay and @Boarderguy for your replies and ideas.

No I don't have an error, the app is just trying to sync but never succeeds. I had it running for approximately an hour.

Yes I upgraded to this latest update. Sadly this didn't fix the issue.

Thank you @attack33 for reminding me of your issue, I will upload my dives to my tablet before continuing. Just as a precaution/ backup.

I will reach out to Shearwater for support.
Make sure you're logged in as well... I checked mine and noticed I'd been logged out unbeknownst to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom